“Great mexican place, food quite authentic...”

Antonio's TheTaste of Mexico
Ranked #8 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: An Eclectic Taste Of Mexico. Chef Antonio covers all the bases, deliciously. Everything on the menu is prepared fresh and made to order and the majority of the menu can be prepared gluten free. Because of the flavorful, full-bodied sauces, you will be pleasantly full at the end of your meal accompanied with a fun Margarita like a Jalapeno, Watermelon Margarita. Nothing else like Antonio's Restaurant in beautiful Taos, New Mexico.
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We visited Antonio's while our vacations in Taos and the experience was very good! The food is authentic, well cooked, good presentation and great flavor. Everything our family ordered that day was tasty. Proof that Mexican food in New Mexico is as authentic and tasty as it gets! The service also was very attentive and the guy that took care of us was fun, courteous and knowledgeable.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My fiance and I were looking for a place to eat after a long day of skiing. We ran across Antonio's as we were driving around Taos. It's in a pretty little setting with a courtyard and a good amount of public parking in front. We were seated immediately (without reservations). We ordered a pitcher of strawberry margaritas (not too sweet or strong), the prime rib fajitas (a special for the night) and the Chile Relleno en Nogada. Our order came out very quickly and everything was more delicious than anticipated. We finished off dinner with a chimi chimi for desert to go. My fiance claimed it was the best desert he's ever had. All in all it was a wonderful experience, and we will definitely be returning as soon as we come back to Taos.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My husband and I weren't very impressed with the Taos plaza, and found ourselves drawn to this courtyard restaurant for a quick bite to eat. I was pleasantly surprised by the fresh guacamole, made right there by our table. You have to understand, they don't do that here in Seattle, and its hard to find a good guacamole. The black beans and rice that came with my tacos were delicious as well. The tacos were great too, but I could live on rice, beans, and guacamole everyday if my husband would agree to the menu.
The courtyard was perfect for a late October lunch.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great spot.Good music with Jobuk.Johnson. Chile Rellenos spectacular.Very pleasant outside,but I would guess a bit chilly in the Fall.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We did not have reservations on a busy night. We were seated pretty fast and our order was also taken quickly. It took very long to get our food, and many apologies were given. The food was really good; but we were starving by the time we got it.

Benina R, General Manager at Antonio's TheTaste of Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear,"We did not have reservations on a busy night."
We are truly sorry to hear that your food took longer than anticipaited. Servers tend to get the Poor service staple for something completely out of their control. If your server had a full section and had larger parties prior to your table and we fit you in, we droppped the ball on not explaining to you that the wait me may be longer than usual due to having one amazing chef who pays attention to detail on every plate and makes sure each plate comes out hot and designed with color and flavor for our patrons. Most restaurants at the time you came are reservation only.We understand that some vistors may not have time to make reservations so we do our best to accommodate as much as possible. I hope you come back to visit us and enjoy our feastive food.I am sure you will enjoy it and if possible ask for me, Benina and I will see to it that you have a better experience.
Benina