“Worst burger and beer ever....”
Review of Taos Ale House

Taos Ale House
Ranked #1 of 9 Nightlife in Taos
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We had heard that the burgers were great, so we tried it out. My first disappointment was no table service. My next disappointment was the menu. Each burger had some strange ingredients, arugula? I ordered a beer and the " classic". The beer was flat. We could not see the full selection from where you have to order. Mostly IPA's, I do not like bitter. The burger was flavorless. Honestly, mcdonalds is better. I eat a lot of hamburgers, I mean a lot. This one was like eating cardboard. I will never go back again........ Unless they have really good music...... And I will get the guest beer.

1  Thank John D

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Visited this place in May 2014, and the burgers were delicious! They were a pretty good value as well, considering their not just your average burger. I believe I had the Kobe burger, which was fantastic! The other one we tried was the burger with the granny smith chutney, which I wasn't too impressed with (it was a little sweet), but my husband really liked that one. When I return to Taos, I will definitely visit this place again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Ran across this place as I was cruising into town, saw the packed patio and stopped by. With 10 beers on tap, including a raspberry cider, I was able to find something to drink easily. There are also about 20 bottled beers and wine.
I ordered the Smoke burger as suggested by the bartender, and it was a perfect medium!
The food is awesome, the beers are great, the bartender very friendly. All in all, it's easy to understand why the place was busy, I'll be back for more!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our waitress at another brew pub recommended his place, primarily for the burgers. It's a hopping little bar that seemed like it was frequented mostly by locals. They had a wide selection of beers on tap (not sure what was up with the prior review that said only one beer was on tap - there was a good assortment the night we went). There was also a great assortment of burgers and even a few vegetarian/vegan options. My burger was cooked a perfect medium rare (as I requested) and the bun was excellent. The place is extremely casual and you order food and drink at the bar; they then bring the food to your table. Highly recommend for a very casual great burger with excellent beer

2  Thank shackelton
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We discovered this place as it was across the street from our hotel and it was raining so we didn't want to walk to the plaza. We were disappointed to learn that only one beer was on tap. What's up with that at an ale house? We ordered the blue burger with Granny Smith chutney to share between us. When the server brought it, I explained we wanted to split it and asked for another plate and a knife. She looked at me for several seconds like I was making an outlandish request and walked off. She did wander back with an extra paper-lined basket and a plastic knife. I must have ruined her whole night! You order the food at the counter so there seems to be a disconnect between ordering and service. The burger and fries were delicious, by the way so the kitchen has their act together.

1  Thank Winger07