“The best place to stay in Taos!”

Burch Street Casitas Hotel Downtown
Ranked #1 of 15 Speciality Lodging in Taos
Mason, Mi
“The best place to stay in Taos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

We've been staying at the Burch Street Casitas every year for four years now & there's no better place to stay in Taos (and, believe me, we've stayed at famous places like the Taos Inn as well)! Rates are reasonable. Each casita is slightly different but all have a full kitchen, washer/dryer, fireplace, porch & are quite lovely as well as spotlessly clean. The casitas are on a quiet street in an old Taos neighborhood within walking distance of the historic plaza. There's plenty of privacy, though, and sometimes we just loll on the porch all day before heading into town for dinner at night. The owners -- Jim & Nancy are the perfect hosts -- friendly, knowledgeable, and just great folks. We love it here!

Room Tip: All of the casitas are quite lovely -- you really can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Malea-n-Michael
Casitaproperty, Owner at Burch Street Casitas Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Thank you guy's. Always so nice to have you!
See you next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

My wife and I stayed in Casita D of the Burch Street Casitas the week of Memorial Day, 2012. The location and hospitality were perfect. Jim and Nancy were perfect hosts, never intruding and always available to answer a question or direct us to a new experience. Nancy suggested that we open the windows at night and close them during the day. The casita cooled down over night and stayed very comfortable during the day. The kitchen was perfect for cooking small meals or warming leftovers from the night before. I enjoyed reading and meditation every morning on our private patio.

Room Tip: Cannot imagine a bad casita. We stayed in the one on the South end. Very private and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eric E
Casitaproperty, Owner at Burch Street Casitas Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank you so much!
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

We love travelling, we love exploring, we love having fun BUT most of all we LOVE doing our own "thing" and here at Burch St. Casitas - you get to do it all! Jim and Nancy know what we all want - privacy- yet they are available if you need ANYTHING. I am so pleased with our choice. We even came a night earlier than anticipated, and will definitely return - as friends. It was so relaxing to be able to sit out on the patio and enjoy the afternoon sun or evening coolness. Having all the amenities of home within walking distance of everything you need was great. Once we parked our car, we didn't have to think about it again until we left.
Thank you so much Jim and Nancy - and you know what I mean - who else could I leave my wedding ring with to get 'looked after'? Now, that's trust!
I love your "Life Philosophy" and the fact that you love what you do!
Don't ever change!

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank debdoestravel
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

Burch Street Casitas was, for my daughter and me, nothing less than perfect. After reading the website and looking at the photos numerous times, I never regretted my choice of Casita C for our 10 day stay in Taos in May 2012. The beautiful lacy evergreen tree filtered the sunlight into the kitchen window each morning; the afternoons were often quiet times on the warm back patio. Many times my daughter remarked how nice it was NOT to have to cross a lobby to get to our "room". Such a large space, yet warm and cozy even though the night temps were in the 40's. We enjoyed especially the convenience if cooking our own food; and the gigantic (to us) bed was big enough for us both without ever disturbing the other. So private and serene to come back to after walking our feet off in town. It became for both of us a real casita of our own, so that it seemed a bit strange to have to leave it. My daughter lives in Europe, and as we finally parted, she said to me: "Next time, in Taos!". Indeed. Next time, at Burch Street!

Livia J Armstrong
Largo, FL

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Coming into Taos for two weeks of schooling, I needed a place that was quiet, private,close to everything, and outfitted in order to study, work, cook, and to be able to sleep without traffic noise or people noise. The Burch Street Casitas more than met my needs. Jim and Nancy were wonderful; One would think I was out in the country rather than walking distance to the old square and shops. Will be returning in the fall. Highly recommend this little paradise. .

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Casitaproperty, Owner at Burch Street Casitas Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you so much for you business and for staying with us.
santa rosa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed 3 short nights at the Burch Street Casitas and hated to leave. What a delight. Everything you could ask for was there, even shampoo and conditioner since I left mine at the previous hotel. We loved getting up in the morning to drink coffee on our own little patio and home at night with great take out dinner from Cids. A few blocks from the plaza, but enough to be quiet and green....so many trees in that neighborhood. The owner made sure we had everything we needed and was able to answer all our tourist questions. I hope I have another opportunity to return.

• Stayed May 2012
Casitaproperty, Owner at Burch Street Casitas Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Thank you so much for your business and kind words. Have a great summer!
Scottsdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I'm on the road 250+ nights per year and believe me, hotels get old...people slam doors at all hours of the day and night and, other than breakfast, most meals have to be eaten at a restaurant. So, I was extremely pleased to have found Burch Street Casitas while on assignment near Taos recently. What a great place! Jim even drove me to work one morning when a surprise snowstorm dropped limbs and wires across the driveway - now that's going above and beyond! It was such a pleasure to have a quiet, roomy home away from home, complete with laundry and full kitchen! I highly recommend the casitas if you are going to be visiting the Taos area! You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for Casita D
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business