“Yay Bellas!!!”

Ranked #4 of 130 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A delicious blend of traditional Mexican Cuisine and an array of Northern New Mexico favorites.
“Yay Bellas!!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was afraid I was the only mean spirited reviewer who commented on the previous restaurant at this location (Antonios). In fact I received a very, shall we say "Spirited" call from the previous owners when I wholeheartedly welcomed Bellas to the block...
(I own Red Cat Melissiana on the same street) I have had one lunch and two dinners at Bellas and loved each experience. The owners are welcoming, the staff has a new zip in their step and most importantly, the food was wonderful! Beautifully prepared, served in a timely manner with a smile and so delicious! Welcome, welcome, welcome Bellas! So nice to have you on the corner. I totally rave about you to my customers and can't wait to meet Bella herself!!!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Melissiana

“Purely awesome”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Best place in Taos & Santa fe area for mexican food. I would recommend everyone to eat here if you are in the area.

• Visited June 2014
Taos, New Mexico
“Outstanding and Authentic”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This Mexican restaurant with New Mexican flair is possibly the best Mexican food I have experienced in New Mexico. The staff is friendly, excellent margaritas and food. I had the blue corn enchiladas de camarones and they were outstanding as was the tableside guacamole.

Do not miss !

• Visited June 2014
San Cristobal, New Mexico
“Better than Antonio's”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were sad to see one of our favorite local restaurants move this past January and anxiously waited to see what would take its place. Yesterday we tried the new restaurant, Bella's and were extremely impressed with the menu and the flavor of the food.

The former manager of Antonio's bought the place and retained many of the former staffers including the chef. They kept some of the same menu items and added some others. The chef has put his own spin on the ingredients and the flavors are delicious.

My husband had the Chile Rellenos and the flavor of the green chile was amazing. It was also very tender and easy to cut with just a fork. I had the ceviche that was on the former menu but Bella's is using Red Snapper instead of Mahi Mahi. I liked the other ceviche but I loved this.

Those of you who missed eating at Antonio's on your visits to Taos will definitely not be disappointed at Bella's. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank taosmandm
North Carolina
“Gourmet in casual atmosphere”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Think again if you think "Mexican" or "New Mexican" food. Delicate and special mixture of flavors presented in artful manner. We went back for more.

Visited May 2014