“Very cool toy store”
Review of Twirl

Twirl
Ranked #1 of 56 Shopping in Taos
More attraction details
Owner description: A play and discovery space with a free outdoor playground featuring climbing installations, water and sand play areas, hobbit treehouse, ride-ons, a community playroom offering free classes, activities, events and interactive installations, and a gift shop selling educational toys and games.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

LOVE, LOVE, Love this place!!! Except that I spent too much money there :) My son really wanted a place to play and this was such a neat find!! Love all of the color and things to do and play on. Love the playroom upstairs! Love all of the cool gadgets and toys - stuff you don't see in many toy stores! Will be going back!!

mrs_twirl, Manager at Twirl, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

And we LOVE LOVE your review! Thank you for taking the time to write such a sweet review of Twirl. We're happy you all had fun. Be sure to enroll in our rewards program next time you're here and that way, you can earn when you spend! Happy rest of your summer.

There are newer reviews for Twirl

Reviewed 16 July 2014

A wide selection of toys and a very kid-friendly environment. The outdoor play area is unique and a fine place to have children burn some energy.

mrs_twirl, Manager at Twirl, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thanks for reviewing Twirl, we're so happy you enjoyed your visit and appreciate your positive review.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was in Taos with my wife and adult daughter a few weeks back, when we wandered off the main plaza into a far corner where we saw a sign that read, simply, "Toy Store." Wandered inside to find a beautifully arranged few rooms of unique and well-displayed toys. My girls were looking around the store while I explored the more far-flung corners, which led me to their outdoor play area...and I was floored!

There were kids and their parents everywhere, playing with (and on) the most eclectic outdoor playground I have EVER seen in a retail location. The activity space went around and around, upstairs and down, inside and out. I went back inside to bring my girls out out to experience the commotion and excitement, and they too were amazed.

Twirl is unlike any toy store I've ever encountered, and I eventually struck up a conversation with Laura, the woman at the counter. She was effusive about their commitment to the community and their customers, and the dedication of the staff to the enjoyment of their patrons. You don't even need to enter the play space through the store...it's accessible from the street so there's not even any pressure to buy...are you kidding me?

We spent a delightful hour or so wandering around, and it made me wish I had grandkids already! Our sincere thanks to Laura and the staff at Twirl for an amazing retail experience...one of our very best on this trip or any other. We bought stuff for ourselves and for gifts. It would be a crime not to support this effort!

Though we all have our reasons, I can't imagine why this place would get anything less than a five-star rating here. Every town should be lucky enough to have a caring store like this, and I hope to return someday with those grandkids!

1  Thank Sam K
mrs_twirl, Manager at Twirl, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Greetings! We are extremely happy that your family "wandered" and found us! It is a sincere pleasure to hear that people recognize and appreciate our store and our efforts to provide something different, and always great to hear that it was well-enjoyed!

We look forward to having you bring those grandchildren for a visit. Thanks to customers like you, we'll hopefully still be here!

Thank you, Laura and All Twirl Staff.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great selection of toys! The play area was unbelievable! Bubbles, sandbox, water play fountain, scooters, and never ending fun. Definitely a surprise in Taos. Kids loved it.

mrs_twirl, Manager at Twirl, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you, thank you! You made us smile this morning. We're happy you had fun and appreciate you took the time to review your visit on Tripadvisor. Best regards, The Management Team.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I visited Twirl with another adult. Maybe it would have been more impressive if we were kids or if we'd had kids with us.

We didn't even try to play in the play space. We're short ladies, but we probably would have been ushered out.

Mostly we were there to look around and for my friend to buy a little gift for her son.

There were some cool toys there, cooler than the plastic junk at Wal-Mart, but the store is small and has a limited selection. I guess for a small town like Taos it's a good selection, but if you are accustomed to big city toy stores, yawn. My friend is from Phoenix, so she wasn't much impressed. Even though I'm in my 40s, I can often get excited about cool toys, but nothing here was unusual or particularly interesting. (I was interested in a teleidoscope, but alas, Twirl had none.)

The items for sale were really pricey. My friend bought a small pin for her son, which wasn't marked. When the worker rang it up, my friend thought she had punched in the wrong price. Everything in the place seemed aimed at rich tourist kids.

The funniest part of the visit was the woman working there whose bosom was heaving from her chest. Maybe she was there particularly to comfort (or maybe entice?) nursing infants.

1  Thank Blaize S
mrs_twirl, Manager at Twirl, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We are so sorry you didn't enjoy your visit to Twirl. We take pride on providing a place that both grown-ups and kids enjoy and usually get the thumbs-up on that. You certainly would have been welcome to enjoy our outdoor play space: there's lots of shady spots with lounge chairs that parents enjoy relaxing in when they are here and some really neat artistic touches that appeal to all ages. Our pins are $1.50 and all of them are made by artists here in the U.S. so we think it's a fair price. And yes, we are big fans of nursing mothers - we are actually hosting World Breast-feeding Awareness Day here in August! Please give us another try next time you're in Taos. Best regards, The Management Team.