My cousin and I were visiting various places in New Mexico, and we were staying at a lovely B & B in Santa Fe. (That is another story.) One morning, we talked with a couple who recommended Casa Benavides when they found out that we were going to Taos. They said that it was easy to find, and the food was wonderful! We called and made reservations, and our stay there became one of the nicest parts of our trip. Tom and Barbara McCarthy, the owners, were wonderful hosts, and we had a great time! We needed two beds, so we stayed in John's room which is attached to their home, a couple of doors down and an easy walk from the inn. There was a private entrance and space for parking. Our room was huge, and the beds were comfortable. We had a lovely fireplace and a tiled bathroom with a tub/shower combination. The rug between the beds was magnificant, and the pictures on the wall were historic. Although there was a lot to do in Taos, we made certain that we were available for the breakfast and afternoon tea. The food was plentiful, delicious, and homemade. We can't thank the couple from Detroit enough for their recommendation, and we hope to return to the inn the next time we are in Taos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within a leisurely stroll of Taos Plaza, Casa Benavides is situated in the heart of Taos. Experience all the enchanted beauty, energy, shopping, Southwest cuisine, and Native culture Taos has to offer. The Casa Benavides Inn has 38 unique rooms, featuring Southwestern furnishings and artwork. A delectable selection of homemade cookies and cakes are included with the complimentary afternoon tea. The scrumptious breakfast has been a favorite of Inn guests for nearly 30 years. Located 2 blocks from Taos Plaza, 3 miles from historic Taos Pueblo, and 20 miles from Taos Ski Valley. Complimentary WI-FI internet access is available in every guest room and throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Casa Benavides Historic Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Benavides Historic Hotel Taos
- Casa Benavides Historic Inn Taos, New Mexico