We wanted a nice and clean place to stay close to the square in Taos so we could walk down every day. This is the spot. The room was clean and reflected the history of Taos in the fireplace, ceiling and flooring. The skylight over the bed (Jemez Room) woke us early, but that was fine for use. Breakfast was wonderful, home made granola, fruit and yogurt or milk, sometimes fresh muffins, and then a hot breakfast if you wanted. Tea at 3:00 included freshly baked cakes, cookies, bars - probably eight different choices, with tea and lemonade. Just a delightful experience all around. We didn't try the hot tub, but enjoyed our morning coffee by the fountain one morning. We will stay there again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within a leisurely stroll of Taos Plaza, Casa Benavides is situated in the heart of Taos. Experience all the enchanted beauty, energy, shopping, Southwest cuisine, and Native culture Taos has to offer. The Casa Benavides Inn has 38 unique rooms, featuring Southwestern furnishings and artwork. A delectable selection of homemade cookies and cakes are included with the complimentary afternoon tea. The scrumptious breakfast has been a favorite of Inn guests for nearly 30 years. Located 2 blocks from Taos Plaza, 3 miles from historic Taos Pueblo, and 20 miles from Taos Ski Valley. Complimentary WI-FI internet access is available in every guest room and throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Casa Benavides Historic Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Benavides Historic Hotel Taos
- Casa Benavides Historic Inn Taos, New Mexico