What I liked most about Hacienda del Sol was the beauty and serentity of the grounds. They say that Taos Mountain is their backyard and it does kiss the sky and touch the beautiful garden behind the property. There are many lovely fllowers and wonderful old cottonwoods to provide shade so that the garden which is quite spacious is a wonderful place to find a cool oasis even in the heat of the afternoon. We were in the Adobe Room which is charming but on the smaller side. There is a nice patio in front but on a return I would prefer a room that opened out into the garden.
Breakfasts were good with 2 choices either sweet or protein, the service was excellent and there was ample room for those like my husband and I who prefer to remain solitary during the meal. I am a lap swimmer so the ability to use the pool at the nearby Health Club was a wonderful option. Cookies and Lemonade appear mid afternoon, another nice treat. I definitely recommend Hacienda del Sol for a romantic weekend getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Hacienda del Sol in the artist community of Taos, New Mexico is a special retreat, close to all of the natural and cultural wonders of the area. With 12 unique guest rooms, all with en suite bathrooms, the Inn offers the best view of Taos Mountain from the lovely grounds. Rooms are decorated with luxury Southwest bedspreads, Comphy sheets, and local art. Hacienda del Sol offers a full, hot, made to order breakfast each morning, an outdoor hot tub, and evening entertainment on summer weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hacienda del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Sol Hotel Taos
- Hacienda Del Sol Taos, New Mexico