“A wonderful place”

and 1 more site!
La Posada de Taos B&B
Ranked #10 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 April 2013

La Posada is a lovely, funky place and Brad and Michael are tremendous hosts. My (then) girlfriend and I got engaged here, and I can't imagine a better place for it. Michael cooks a great, hearty breakfast every morning, and he and Brad had great ideas for ways we might spend our days in and around town. The B&B is a short walk from the plaza, which has lots of great shops and restaurants. We had a fantastic time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dan C

Reviewed 23 March 2013

It was one of the greatest vacation. We enjoy every step of the day in this place. Brad and Michael are wonderful people. The food, the room, the fireplace, the outdoor, and ... you mention all were perfect. Very knowledgeable and intelligent people. Our son and his friends are planning to come over next year. Thank you for great and relaxing time.

Diana & Gennadiy from Fair Lawn, NJ.

Room Tip: All rooms are excelent
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DianaS13_13
TaosBandBLover, General Manager at La Posada de Taos B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Thanks so much for the review. We're posting a "Big Thanks" right back at this reviewer because it always warms our hearts when folks who travel the world take the time to post their comments on Trip Advisor. We sit down each morning with our guests and like to try to make sure everyone has the opportunity to find all that Taos has to offer them. In this case, guests from Belarus who discover the new Rio Grande del Norte National Monument and drive the Enchanted Circle, then come back to Taos and discover the Russian influence on the Taos Society of Artists at the Taos Art Museum and then eat dinner at El Meze and take a life-long memory of food away with them. Taos really is a special place and we love what we do, but especially when people like these reviewers have these experiences. You made our day!

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Brad and Michael were phenomenal. Such great guys. It was quiet and comfortable, but did not retain the retirement home feel that my other experiences with bed and breakfasts taught me to expect. Super cool vibe. Thanks, guys!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank ccmcbride
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Five Star adjectives abound (and rightfully so) in the countless reviews extolling this confidently unpretentious B&B. So much praise, in fact, that during my westward flight I tried unsuccessfully to imagine what could possibly be so unusual about this Inn that it totally captivates its guests, apparently challenging them to discover its essence for themselves! An odd QUESTION perhaps, but the ANSWER that came for me was not only simple but humbling as well.

In small memorable increments my four days at La Posada emerged bringing much-needed solace at this time in my life. My first view of the Inn revealed a quiet structure with glowing presence in the afternoon light. Already the magic was there. From the other side of the door appeared a smile that crinkled in Associate Innkeeper Rochelle's eyes and enveloped this tired traveler in a vibrant but contained energy that was instantly compatible with mine. And thus the magic was grounded -- the beginning of an unforgettable B&B experience. The kind welcome of Innkeepers Brad and Michael easily enhanced an ambiance unlike any I remembered -- perfect fires appeared in my chiminea each night, beautifully prepared breakfasts awaited congenial guests and amiable conversations -- and in between those warm moments there was a solitude infused with peace. During those days I grew to understand that the unusual energy many guests encounter there is more fully FELT than DESCRIBED, though it seems to beg for the words! Like a unique life force, the energy of Taos that dwells at La Posada is its own "experience." I felt gifted by the realization that giving voice to it is NOT important -- but LIVING it IS!

My unanticipated Taos education received generous closure on the last morning of my stay when I was honored at breakfast by Innkeeper Brad's thoughtful and articulate company . Over perfectly poached eggs, simply presented by Innkeeper/Chef Michael with his ever-elegant signature homemade touches, Brad indulged my curiosity. Being no stranger to the art of word-painting , he spoke of La Posada's 'inner spirit' that inhabits the space so fully that he and Michael have become ONE with it. His words were eloquent, and no effort is made here to quote anything other than what my own heart heard: "We want our guests to FEEL the energy that IS Taos, to absorb the essence so fully that part of it goes with them when they leave."

I may have brought home more than my share. Thank you Brad, Michael & dear Rochelle

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank MazurkaAtlanta
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We had a fantastic time! The location is great, the home is beautiful and the hospitality was superb. The "skiers' breakfast" set us up for a great day on the mountain. Our room was spacious and had a very nice wood burning fireplace in it. The bed was very comfortable. Taos is one of our favorite destinations and we just found a new place to make our "home" while there. We'll definitely return, hopefully very soon

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank david l
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Originally on our way to Santa Fe, we re-routed due to weather and ended up in Taos. So happy to find a little in-town oasis for three, including our dog Story. The hosts were more than welcoming and the Casa provided for a warm and cozy getaway weekend. Also, the breakfasts were fresh and tasty! Til next time.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank dresdemona
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We are repeat visitors to La Posada. This is the second year we spent Thanksgiving at the B & B.
Brad and Michael are great hosts, the house is very welcoming, and breakfasts are great! Meeting other guests over breakfast is an adventure in itself.
We stayed in El Solecito, a very comfortable but roomy room which gets the morning sun.
Another attraction of La Posada de Taos is that it is walking distance from the plaza and many restaurants and shops.
We will be back!

Room Tip: For a winter stay the rooms in the original part are best (El Solecito, Lino and Beutler). Lino is...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple