“The best B&B we ever stayed in”

La Posada de Taos B&B
Ranked #8 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
Sarasota
“The best B&B we ever stayed in”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed for three days in the private casita and loved every minute .Brad and Michael were terrific hosts. . Michael is a fabulous chef I can't rave too much about the breakfasts the setting is lovely gardens,patios, views.The perfect location close to everything Toas has to offer. There should be in doubt in your mind this is the place to stay in Taos.
Ruthann and Stan

Room Tip: All rooms are individually furnished in wonderful southwestern decor. The quality of linens and tow...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank RABSarasota

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Columbus Ohio
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed in room Solcito and it was great...large rooms with lots of space to spread our stuff and ourselves out. Breakfast was delightful and delicious, with our three hosts joining the group. The location is quiet and very conveniently located. With dogs available to pet, we felt right at home.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BSA49
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We loved our experience a La Posada. It is located in a perfect spot to enjoy Taos. The rooms are great, the food excellent and our hosts know the area extremely well and are very engaging! The location allows you to walk to the Plaza, visit galleries and several museums, and great restaurants. It is also centrally located to drive to the Gorge and the Pueblo.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Richard C
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 15 April 2013

La Posada is a lovely, funky place and Brad and Michael are tremendous hosts. My (then) girlfriend and I got engaged here, and I can't imagine a better place for it. Michael cooks a great, hearty breakfast every morning, and he and Brad had great ideas for ways we might spend our days in and around town. The B&B is a short walk from the plaza, which has lots of great shops and restaurants. We had a fantastic time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dan C
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 March 2013

It was one of the greatest vacation. We enjoy every step of the day in this place. Brad and Michael are wonderful people. The food, the room, the fireplace, the outdoor, and ... you mention all were perfect. Very knowledgeable and intelligent people. Our son and his friends are planning to come over next year. Thank you for great and relaxing time.

Diana & Gennadiy from Fair Lawn, NJ.

Room Tip: All rooms are excelent
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DianaS13_13
TaosBandBLover, General Manager at La Posada de Taos B&B, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Thanks so much for the review. We're posting a "Big Thanks" right back at this reviewer because it always warms our hearts when folks who travel the world take the time to post their comments on Trip Advisor. We sit down each morning with our guests and like to try to make sure everyone has the opportunity to find all that Taos has to offer them. In this case, guests from Belarus who discover the new Rio Grande del Norte National Monument and drive the Enchanted Circle, then come back to Taos and discover the Russian influence on the Taos Society of Artists at the Taos Art Museum and then eat dinner at El Meze and take a life-long memory of food away with them. Taos really is a special place and we love what we do, but especially when people like these reviewers have these experiences. You made our day!
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Brad and Michael were phenomenal. Such great guys. It was quiet and comfortable, but did not retain the retirement home feel that my other experiences with bed and breakfasts taught me to expect. Super cool vibe. Thanks, guys!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank ccmcbride
Atlanta
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Five Star adjectives abound (and rightfully so) in the countless reviews extolling this confidently unpretentious B&B. So much praise, in fact, that during my westward flight I tried unsuccessfully to imagine what could possibly be so unusual about this Inn that it totally captivates its guests, apparently challenging them to discover its essence for themselves! An odd QUESTION perhaps, but the ANSWER that came for me was not only simple but humbling as well.

In small memorable increments my four days at La Posada emerged bringing much-needed solace at this time in my life. My first view of the Inn revealed a quiet structure with glowing presence in the afternoon light. Already the magic was there. From the other side of the door appeared a smile that crinkled in Associate Innkeeper Rochelle's eyes and enveloped this tired traveler in a vibrant but contained energy that was instantly compatible with mine. And thus the magic was grounded -- the beginning of an unforgettable B&B experience. The kind welcome of Innkeepers Brad and Michael easily enhanced an ambiance unlike any I remembered -- perfect fires appeared in my chiminea each night, beautifully prepared breakfasts awaited congenial guests and amiable conversations -- and in between those warm moments there was a solitude infused with peace. During those days I grew to understand that the unusual energy many guests encounter there is more fully FELT than DESCRIBED, though it seems to beg for the words! Like a unique life force, the energy of Taos that dwells at La Posada is its own "experience." I felt gifted by the realization that giving voice to it is NOT important -- but LIVING it IS!

My unanticipated Taos education received generous closure on the last morning of my stay when I was honored at breakfast by Innkeeper Brad's thoughtful and articulate company . Over perfectly poached eggs, simply presented by Innkeeper/Chef Michael with his ever-elegant signature homemade touches, Brad indulged my curiosity. Being no stranger to the art of word-painting , he spoke of La Posada's 'inner spirit' that inhabits the space so fully that he and Michael have become ONE with it. His words were eloquent, and no effort is made here to quote anything other than what my own heart heard: "We want our guests to FEEL the energy that IS Taos, to absorb the essence so fully that part of it goes with them when they leave."

I may have brought home more than my share. Thank you Brad, Michael & dear Rochelle

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo