“We have already booked again, can't wait to get back!!”

and 1 more site!
La Posada de Taos B&B
Ranked #10 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2010

We stayed here on the recommendation of friends who stayed here in 2009. They loved it and so did we. Brad was very helpful with restaurant recommendations, area sights to see, even the nursery we could purchase a plant we had seen in his gardens that we wanted to take home. He offered us a cutting of his first! Breakfasts were great, everyone sat down together and we enjoyed making new friends. The food was excellent.

Our room was very comfortable(Beutler), with a door out into the backyard. It was to warm to use our fireplace in the room, but there was a fire pit outside that was nice to use. It was very quiet and peaceful. The inn is very convenient to the plaza and surrounding museums. We walked most everywhere. We have already booked a stay there this winter.

My husband and I highly recommend a stay at La Posada de Taos, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2010

I had never had the pleasure of staying in a bed and breakfast, until my visit to La Posada...I arrived to a warm welcome, even being allowed to check in early, and was more than pleased by my room!

I quickly came to look forward to, after my first breakfast experience, to the FRESH culinary magic Michael presented each morning, in the form of tempting, always different creations!

Brad, the other member of the team, always, during my 5 -night stay, seemed to be efficient, helpful, and more than willing to offer insight and tips as to the town and its surrounding area. He proved to be an interesting person to converse with over breakfast each morning, and seemed to be genuinely curious as to my plans each day.

I would have, without hesitation, recommended this gem to anyone, until I was getting ready to leave, packing my car, back and forth, checking to make sure I did not leave anything behind...

As I was making my final sweep, in search of any forgotten items, I went over by the fireplace, a great area, I am sure, in colder months, but one I had not taken advantage of...It consists tof 2 comfy chairs and a chest that serves as a coffee table. Anyway, as I rounded the side of the chest closest to the fireplace, I came across a half-empty soda can, a variety I do not drink. I was a little taken aback, as I had the feeling it had been there my entire stay.

Bottom line, however, the soda can was, in light of the FANTASTIC time I enjoyed at La Posada, a very minor detail, until, trying to be helpful, I brought the discovery to Brad's attention, on my way out.

The Innkeeper, Brad, did not want to hear it...HE BLEW ME OFF! He said, "Oh, well, if that's the only bad thing you noticed during your stay, I guess you did O.K.! Give me a break, the housekeeper's 66 yrs. old!" As I attempted to tell him that, althought the glitch in housekeeping might not be that big of a deal to me, others might not feel the same way, he walked off, leaving me standing there!

I left La Posada steaming, with a bad taste in my mouth!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank tracey5525
TaosBandBLover, General Manager at La Posada de Taos B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2010

La Posada de Taos regrets that we misunderstood that our guest was unhappy during the lengthy conversation we all had with her as she departed. In between sharing all the positive memories of her stay with us and hugging each other goodbye, we ever-so-briefly discussed the soda can which garnered an immediate and profuse apology. We are always striving to make the guest experience positively memorable in every way and have fully addressed her concerns with our staff.

Reviewed 12 June 2010

For the last three years,my life has been total chaos. So why not visit Taos?
La Posada with Brad & Mike gets a 100% thumbs up for a reason: they deserve it.
It's a veritable oasis with private patios, exquisite breakfasts and charming hosts.
Truly walking distance to the Plaza - plus the serenity of fountains, herb gardens, & delightful room (El Solecito) make this a five star in my book.
No reason to repeat all the other rave review details, but take a look at the special order "million bells" hanging plant deadheaded daily by your hosts near the front door, ninety degrees from the ceramic frog.
Charm

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CHARM2017
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Wife and I stayed here May 21 and 22 and couldn't have been happier with our selection! Great room (El Solecito), great location 2 blocks from the central square, unbelievable food and sociable breakfasts and just overall a really great experience. We stayed at 5 other comparably priced B & B's throughout the southwest on this trip and Las Posada de Taos beats them all hands down. For a really special experience, stay there!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeandJane77
Reviewed 16 May 2010

La Posada de Taos was a real gem.

The innkeepers (Michael and Brad) couldn't have been more gracious. Michael served some outrageously good breakfasts - 1 was an elegant southwestern fare and the 2nd was a fried egg with Mornay sauce on a risotto patty with mushrooms and basil served with a crispy ring of pancetta. All breakfasts had fresh fruit as a 1st course and something sweet (orange scones & cream puffs with orange whipped cream drizzled with chocolate). The only comment my husband has is that he thought breakfast could be served a bit earlier in the event you want to get an early start to your day. In the afternoon we found some sweet rugelach one day and savory fresh basil leaves stuffed with blue cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts - truly one of the best appetizers I have ever eaten.

The grounds were charming and the location superb - close to the plaza. The location was a quiet respite from the plaza which can be quite noisy. Parking is free.

The rooms were very clean but they are small (as are the TVs as was our shower) but we don't spend much time in the room or watching TV and hey, we had a hot shower so it was within our expectations especially for the price. Our room was part of the original adobe building and rooms weren't large in those days. If you want the Hilton amenities then you should stay there.

If we go back to Taos, we would definitely stay here again. Loved it!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CO_Roadtrippers
Reviewed 17 March 2010

The food is great at this B&B. It's within easy walking distance to the square and Brad , one of the managers, is so helpfull with directions and advice .
Michael is a great cook but this time , while he was gone, they had a Margo and Mickie fill in and they did an excellent job. We would certainly recomend La Posada de Taos to anyone. Altough we did not ski, there were many staying here who did.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travalerDallas_Texas
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Our first stay at La Posada de Taos, during a three-week winter sojourn in 2010, was a very charming and relaxing experience. This B&B offers half a dozen rooms, which are comfortably and tastefully furnished in Southwest style and available at reasonable rates. At the end of the day, we relaxed in the Jacuzzi and then enjoyed the cheery Kiva fireplace from our bed. Rooms have adjoining patios that would be perfect for summer reading or happy hours. DVD players and a well-stocked movie library will help keep the kids occupied until bedtime. We also found the housekeeping to be professional and discreet.

Breakfast each morning was an opportunity to start the day with a savory meal and to chat with interesting visitors from around the world. Master Chef Michael Carter serves up tasty and nutritious fare, including original recipes, and he will gladly accommodate your special menu requests or dietary needs. Innkeeper Brad Malone is the congenial host who makes everyone comfortable and offers many entertaining anecdotes about life in and the history of Taos. Brad is very knowledgeable about the area and can provide you with excellent information on shopping, dining, site-seeing and travel conditions. Winter guests can also get ski packages and discounted lift tickets.

Located in a quiet neighborhood, La Posada is within a short walk to Taos Plaza, where you can experience fine shopping and dining. Many interesting galleries and museums are nearby, as well. Winter sports, river rafting, and spectacular landscapes can be reached in half an hour by car.

If you like the intimacy and Old World charm of a well-run B&B, you’ll enjoy your visit to La Posada. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple