“Saved the best for last”

and 1 more site!
Old Taos Guesthouse B&B
Ranked #5 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
“Saved the best for last”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at three B and Bs during our recent trip to NM and concluded that this was our favorite. The inn is about 5 minutes from the plaza in Taos, making it both quiet and convenient. Cady and Bob are great inn keepers! They seem to be everywhere, taking care of guests' questions and going out of their way to make it a pleasant experience. The inn is immaculate, with new linens and fresh paint, and lovely SW decor. On our last night, we decided to forgo one more night of restaurants and got take-out from Guadalajara Grill, a bottle of wine from the local winery, and opted to sit on the back patio of the inn and watch the sunset. If you go to Taos, this is the place!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Royss61277

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Old Taos Guesthouse. Bob and Cady are great hosts, and they went above and beyond by customizing a hot breakfast for us when we informed them of food allergies and dietary restrictions. The adobe dining area was so lovely in the mornings, with beautiful views of the Taos Valley. Soaking in the hot tub was a most wonderful way to end a chilly day spent exploring local museums and shops. The cozy living room has a fireplace and a library of books that the owners are happy to let you enjoy during your stay. Our room was newly redecorated and very comfortable and quiet. We will definitely make this our home base the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

New owners Bob and Cady are friendly and helpful and I wish them success in their new venture. From what I could see, they are off to a good start. We stayed in room 9 which is in the front and next to the common dining room/living room. Very quiet location, no noise through the thick adobe walls. I loved the gas fireplace. It is on a timer so it shuts itself off. The bathroom has beautiful tile and is roomy, not closet size. Breakfasts were delicious and filling each morning. The location is a short drive outside of the center of Taos but still convenient to everything. The area is rural, scenic and peaceful and the property is worth exploring on a walk, especially with Scout. We are cat people but we loved meeting Scout, a golden retriever and the official greeter. Scout met us at our car and after some head rubs she led us up the walk and to the door and pushed the door open for us to check in! She is quiet and has a pleasant temperment. If I were going back to Taos I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We just finished two nights at the lovely Old Taos Guesthouse with our granddaughter. It was a delightful experience as the 10 room B&B sits on a charming property with great access to Angel Fire and town. The new owners Bob and Cady are so friendly and service oriented. They are upgrading all the rooms and the one we had was so cozy and well appointed with the touch of New Mexican sensibility conjoined with modern amenities. The breakfasts were delicious and the grounds are a lovely place to laze away the afternoon.

We could not recommend it more highly for both couples and families. If you are going to Taos and want both great value and a charming environment, there is nowhere else to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Evan U
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Loved this little place. Under new management and owners. The former owners have sold it after 25 years of renovation and love. The new owners have the same attitude of love and are so friendly and kind. Bob and Katie (and Scout, their dog) are wonderful hosts. They make wonderful and delightful breakfasts every morning and always had smiles on there faces--even Scout. :-) You will enjoy the close proximity of the jacuzzi and the guesthouse view from on top of the little hill overlooking Taos and the mountain range--beautiful full moon evenings and gorgeous sunsets are common occurrences. My fiance and I got the studio adobe (#5) and loved it. Sooooo reasonably priced, too. Bob and Katie are planning to add some of their touches so we can't wait to go back and see what changes are made. Close proximity to everything in downtown Taos--about 1.8 miles.

Room Tip: Bring a bathing suit for the jacuzzi.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dnelson100
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend. We always stay at B&B's on our trips and thought we'd give this place a try. Old Taos Guesthouse beat our expectations.

To start with, it's literally a vision from the old Southwest. The rooms are traditionally Adobe and adorably decorated.

The hosts are very accommodating and informative. My husband and I like to run in the mornings. The host provided us with a map of his recommended jogging trail, which turned out to be a nice tour of the foothills in Taos. He also provided us with a map of his recommended hiking trail, which was the perfect amount of strenuous exercise for us (fair warning, I think the hosts are athletic, so if you don't hike much, I would tell him you want an easy trail. My husband and I hike a lot and this trail was strenuous for us - that's what we were looking for though). They really do recommend the best restaurants in town.

Breakfast was amazing. Every morning we were served a baked good (homemade blue berry muffins one morning, sticky buns another morning), an egg dish (quiche with green chilies one morning, egg casserole with a little cheddar and black beans the next). Fresh fruit, juice and cereal options every morning. Coffee was good and there's a nice selection of teas. Oh, and they have placed bird feeders right outside the windows of the breakfast area. For me, I enjoyed watching the birds as I ate breakfast.

Better than expected. No problems with the shower, bed, or fireplace. We highly recommend this place and hope to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in suite 9, which is perfect for a couple or even a family with one child. There's a r...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

In my last minute search for a place to stay that was not too far from Angel Fire I stumbled upon the Old Taos Guesthouse. I researched several other options and OTG appeared to be the best value by far. We could not have been more pleased with our stay! We were able to request the room nearest the hot tub which was also located near the back parking lot, making it very convenient. The hot tub was a nice end to a long day on the mountain. We enjoyed our time chatting with Tim and learning about the history of the B&B and all about him and his family. The guide in the room had plenty of helpful information and we picked a restaurant based on the B&B's recommendation. We enjoyed dinner at Byzantium, I'll be writing another review for how great that place is as well! The breakfast at the B&B is homemade and delicious as well. We enjoyed sitting in the dining area with a wonderful view of Taos and the mountains. Overall I would say it's very quaint and cozy. Our only issue was that we ran out of hot water after one shower when we first arrived, wasn't an issue once we were aware of this though! I would highly recommend it to any one traveling to Taos during any season.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple