“Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Perfect stay. Close to everything. Relaxing and Quiet. Wonderful big house with amazing art. Beautiful gardens. Gourmet breakfasts prepared by gourmet chefs, Brad and Amber. All this 5 star treatment at a very reasonable rate. For dinner - go to Graham's Grill and Love Apple for gourmet food reasonably priced. Pick up a 2009 Gruett Chardonnay at the Albertsons for $13 - Gruett is a NM winery with a French winemaker - excellent wine with a beautiful color - lemon yellow. We'll be back at Touchstone soon!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jvorster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Northglenn, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

What as Perfect place for a Honeymoon!
From the minute we got there til the time we left it was PERFECT! It was quite, secluded (just enough), romantic... Brad and Amber were wonderful, they made our stay so special! We found them to be very warm and friendly, as well as gracious! The room was perfect; we even had a standalone tub, jetted and big enough for 2. The food was more like what you find at a 5 star restaurant than at a Bed and Breakfast. They even served us a private, gourmet dinner! I think it was the best meal I have ever had. We will definitely be going back, again and again. We would like to thank them again for everything, but especially for making our honeymoon so perfect!
J&T

Room Tip: Really any of the rooms would be a good choice. They are all unique and beautiful.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stayed at the lovely Touchstone Inn as a solo traveler in August. Brad and Amber are marvelous hosts. The breakfasts each morning were wonderful. Still dreaming of Blueberry pancakes with lemon sauce that Brad made one morning for breakfast. I felt safe as I was a solo female traveler. Everything about my stay was perfect. The B&B is clean and has very nicely decorated rooms. The breakfast area is just beautiful and relaxing. I am hoping to return next year with friends on our annual girl friends trip. I would certainly recommend this B&B to everyone.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

but Touchstone Inn in Taos! A friend of mine escaped to Taos with me this past weekend, and we've both agreed that we've never eaten, slept, or relaxed so well as when staying with Amber and Brad. They are extremely genuine, helpful, and professional hosts, chefs, and inn-keepers, an inspiration to all of us to love what we do and do what we love.

The meals are infused with care and love, the recommendations for activities nearby are perfectly on point and replete with local knowledge and history, the property is expansive and idyllic and you'll never want to leave it!

Treat yourself to a fantastic time at the Touchstone Inn! I cannot wait to return and to recommend it to everyone I know!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jennifer a
Landenberg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

The Touchstone Inn is thee best place to stay in Taos. Brad and Amber do a great job! The accommodations are wonderful, and the breakfasts are spectacular. Both being professional chefs, they put the "B" in bed and breakfast. What is really special is their ability to prepare a "made to order" dinner that would put any 5-star restaurant to shame. I strongly recommend that if you want a great dinner, ask Brad and Amber to put one together for you. They cater to your tastes and likes and they go out of their way to make it a memorable culinary experience. If you are looking for a place to stay in Taos, the Touchstone Inn is by far the place to be.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We booked this for our anniversary trip. I did some research on tripadvisor and decided on Touchstone. We were welcomed by Brad and Amber and they immediately had us feel like this was our house as much as theirs. They had taken the time to get us brochures of the activities we say we were going to do.

The breakfasts were delicious!!! The chocolate strawberries were a great treat (very thoughtful) for our anniversary. The property was kept up well, had great history and we had issues at all.

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica B
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

Well, I’ve just come back from a ‘too short stay’ in Taos and like many people in Oklahoma and Texas I was looking to escape the heat and get away from work for a bit of a break. When I first considered a retreat to the mountains I immediately thought of ‘Touchstone’. This is the second time I’ve stayed there (The first time about nine years ago) and I have to say that a repeat visit was just what I needed.
‘Retreat’ is a good word to use in describing ‘Touchstone’ and the experience you find there. I can’t say enough good things about this place. My hosts Brad and Amber Gordon were wonderful people and I’m glad to have gotten to know them. They gave of their time and of themselves in a way that makes a trip memorable. After all, to me, meeting gracious people is part of the reason for getaway travel. And what a relaxing place to fall back to!

Alright, you’ve probably figured out that I’m a fan of ‘Touchstone’ and intend a glowing review, but let’s be “practical” and cover the reasons why.
First; the people. Brad and Amber are absolutely some of the most accomplished and friendly individuals I’ve meet. Chef, writer, professor, poet, crafts person …“artisans”. If you’re looking for a great stay then your hosts are going to be a big part of that right? Get to know’em; it makes for a more personal visit.
Next; the house itself. This is someone’s home and it feels like it! Just nine rooms so it’s small enough to be comfortable and not give you the feeling that you’re staying at a small “Inn”. Filled with light and in a quiet setting, you feel like you’re miles from anywhere but right in town. Brad is doing some renovation work right now to improve things but don’t let that put you off from a visit. ‘Touchstone’ is warm and welcoming with great personality, great art, great food (don’t get me started about the food…Yum!) and a relaxed atmosphere that will put you at ease. Hey, the pictures you see posted here and on the web site are what you get!
“Location”. Touchstone is within walking distance of the plaza and some really great restaurants. (…food again.) It’s central to all the surrounding sites and activities and is a perfect “jumping off point” for what ever you want to do during your stay. (It’s summer, get up in the mountains…Ah! ...nice and cool.)
Finally; the value. Lets face it folks, you could end up spending more at an upscale hotel and not get near the attention and personalized service you get here! There is just no way are you going to find a nicer accommodation that has as much to offer as ‘Touchstone’. If you’re in Taos, it’s worth paying a visit; I know Brad and Amber would be happy to show you the house. (Please call first as these are busy people… especially during breakfast!...Yum!…food one more time.)

So …I’ll be back, I know not when …but I hope soon...Thanks guy's.

Rick in Oklahoma city

Room Tip: Check out the posted pictures and the web site to see the rooms. Call Brad and Amber if you have spe...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo