“A Magnificent Place - It is extremely rare to find this level of caring at any cost.”
Review of Touchstone Inn

Touchstone Inn
Ranked #21 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Beautiful and peaceful. The reviewer who said this place captures the soul of the southwest was right on. My wife and I stayed in the Lady Brett suite, a small but comfortable room with a door leading to a patio and a large grassy area. Beyond the back latilla fence is the Taos Pueblo Reservation and a magnificent view of Taos peak. The entire property is surrounded by large and very mature trees. Host Bren and John could not have been more courteous. Both are talented artist and their paintings and pottery grace the entire property.

The room was spotless, beautifully decorated and built with classic New Mexico architecture and craftsmanship. The bed was one of the best I've had traveling, with a hand carved bedframe artfully done.

The gardens were beautiful, and a nice variety of fresh flowers were placed in our room in a gorgeous vase made by John. Breakfast was homemade and made with care.
The breakfast room was spectacular; a former patio incorporated into the main house with tons of New Mexico sunshine, ivy covered post, and lots of original artwork.

It is extremely rare to find this level of caring at any cost.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulconti

Reviewed 12 February 2010

Bren and John work hard to give you the best Taos experience. The inn is very beautiful and comfortable. Everywhere you look there is beautiful art and tile work. The beds are comfortable and the Kiva fireplace and jaccuzzi tub makes for a cozy evening. Breakfast was vegetarian and different but good. It was nice to wake to the view of Taos mountain.

The inn was centrally located just north of the plaza and the center of town which was closer to Taos Mountain for skiing.

The only disappointment was that the sauna and out door hot tub were not working.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2009

thanks to the owners/hosts for handling my change of plans (wife was sick) with professionalism and grace. We were so looking forward to our visit, and had to cancel at the last minute. Excited to go back soon

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Very relaxing, peaceful. Manager very friendly and helpful. Breakfast very tasty. Would have liked to stay longer. Enjoyed joining in with manager and guests for impromptu music program

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Our stay at Touchstone Inn over the Fourth of July holiday was wonderful. The owner went out of her way to make us comfortable. The Inn is located near Taos Pueblo Indian Reservation and casino. Family members from Texas and Colorado joined us at the Inn. The quite and serene setting impressed us all. The Inn is filled with beautiful artwork done by the artist and Inn owner, Bren Price. The Inn has a relaxing spa and sauna where we were able to relax and rid ourselves of the work related stress we had accumulated. My wife and I were accommodated in the Royale room, which is beautiful, very spacious, and comfortable. The bathroom is soooo cool with its huge jet tub and a shower with multiple showerheads. We were able to keep in touch with the outside world via the Inn's wireless internet service. We ate a freshly prepared breakfast every morning. Room was always clean. We would definitely go back there.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2009

This place is one of a kind. The rooms are beautiful and the setting is is just spectacular!! I had some of the most peaceful sleep one could have. In the morning the view of the Sun coming up over the mountain is pure magic.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2009

I booked an overnight stay last September for my husband and I. He was returning from Iraq for a short two week "rest and recuperation" period. When we arrived, the groundskeeper (I think) gave us our keys and showed us to our room. The room was not cleaned. The toilet had a ring in the bowl, there were several spiders in the bathroom and the carpets were not vacuumed. I immediately got on the phone to reach the innkeeper. I left a message and tried several times to reach her and could not get an answer or a return call.

I booked a couples massage for us and by this time it had been a couple of hours since we checked in and no return call. When we arrived for our massages, we were scheduled in separate rooms. I told the masseuse that I had scheduled a couples massage. Apparently, there had been a mix up in scheduling. She called the innkeeper, which by the way, answered her call. A few seconds after the masseuse hung up with the innkeeper, my cell phone rang. The innkeeper was apologetic for our room not being cleaned and offered to upgrade us to another room plus give us a military discount since this was my husband's time home. I did appreciate her attempts at meeting our needs and our massages were wonderful.

Overall, our experience was ok. We switched rooms, but we never received the refund for the military discount. At breakfast the innkeeper did offer to give us a free night's stay. We didn't accept the offer because we had our trip planned out for the time that my husband was home.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple