I was intially very apprehensive to book a room and staying at the Kachina Lodge after the very negative reviews by fellow 'tripadvisor' guests. But by previous visits to Taos and driving to the Kachina Lodge to attend and watch the nightly "circle of fire" dance from the native americans dancer of Taos Pueblo and admiring their beautifully landscape grounds and being the closest hotel to Taos Pueblo, I decided to take a chance... I'm very glad my bet/intuition paid off! What a beautiful 'Casita' that I was assigned to. It was very spacious, clean and very comfortable, complete with a double-sink bathroom, microwave and refrigerator. You actually don't need a car, once you arrived, very closed walking distance to the 'Plaza', and very nice café/restaurants. I'd dine at a very charming outdoor seating at 'Caffe Rennato' and Taos Inn, Martin's and Adobe Bar. Did try the complimetary breakfast in the 'Kiva Coffee Shop' and had their Spanish Omelette with hot tea. Their nice server was nice enough to arrange a tasty 'chili' on the side to go with my omelette. Very delicious! Of course I would be remissed if I didn't mention that it was very spiritual and moving experience for me, to be so closed to Taos Pueblo and their ancient historic civilization. Just sitting in the evening outside gazing at Taos Mountain was by itself... priceless! Oh, did you know that they have an original statue of Frederic Remington's "Busting Bronco", right outside their main entrance. Remington only made three of them. Even our President (POTUS) don't have the other two, but have to settle for a 22" replica in The Oval Office. I mean, how cool is that? ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 118 Full Service Resort Style Property. Nightly Taos Pueblo Indian Dances May-Oct. Outdoor Heated pool. Full Hot Breakfast included in Rate. Complimentary WIFI, shuttle (within 5 mile radius) 24 hr desk staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kachina Lodge Resort and Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kachina Lodge Resort And Meeting Hotel Taos
- Best Western Taos
- Taos Best Western
- Kachina Lodge Resort And Meeting Center Taos, New Mexico