Kachina Lodge Resort and Meeting Center
  • Pool
All reviewsmountain cafeindian dancessheriplazacharmnmarchitecturegalleries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We paid about $140/night after the inclusion of the $20 pet fee. In other words, pets are welcome, but not THAT welcome. There was a throbbing electrical hum that went on all night and kept us awake. When we complained, the response was, "Oh that....yeah....that happens sometimes. It's the electrical box." The room was dumpy and the mattress was saggy. Maybe we would have had a better room if it hadn't been ski season and we hadn't had our dog. Shrink-wrapped plastic "glasses." Neck-killing pillows (packed with foam cubes). Maybe the problem was that we got one of the last rooms and by the time we were staring at the ceiling listening to the hum, all other rooms were taken.The "full" breakfast was close to inedible. Pleasant, overworked staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Warlock152
Reviewed 30 December 2013

They are lucky you do not see the room first. The lobby is well maintained and updated. The rooms are very outdated and not well kept. What a shock to walk in to the room and not see a fridge, microwave or coffee maker. The carpet needs to be replaced, walls painted or better yet just gut the room and start over. The breakfast served was lacking. The simple things like bagels, yogurt, bread for toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs and fruit were not even offered. This hotel is at such a great location, to bad they are not taking advantage that they could have no
vacancy every night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue P
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

The Kachina Lodge is an older motel, approaching run down. The room was clean but very dated, even the bedding was dated. We loved that there was real live antibacterial liquid soap for the sink and a dispenser for shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel in the shower. However, the shower gel was empty, the toilet paper was nearly gone, with no spare, and we only had two towels in the room...one hand towel and one bath towel; though we were brought some towels and toilet paper upon request. The radiant heater didn't work, leaving it a cool 55 degrees in the morning. Overall we were disappointed and felt this hotel did not live up to the Best Western name nor the price we paid. We will not be back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tonja K
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was highly excited to stay here as I have always wanted to. Sadly, I was disappointed :( The guy at the front desk checked me in while he was on the phone, said he'd show me where things were and never did. Had to ask where breakfast was served. The room itself was not very clean, there was nearly an inch thick of hair and dust on the heater registers behind the night stands, The heating register in the bathroom was all smashed in. There were questionable round things on the bathroom floor and the dressing table. I didn't know if they were small pellets of dog food or animal droppings, to say the least I didn't want to touch them to find out! When I went to get ice the door closest to me (in another building) was locked. Went to the main lobby, the guy said there is only 1 ice machine working which was out back but someone told him that one wasn't working either!? He told me to give it a shot though, nope, didn't work:( He just said ya well then we don't have ice. I was in a smoking room and asked for an ashtray, guess what? Ya, they don't have those either! The hot water for the shower took 10 min to have any pressure, I really thought I wasn't going to get a shower! I would have finally have had to say something if that was the case! I don't like to complain, I don't want any money back but as a recent graduate of Hospitality studies I know you need to let the owners know so they can correct it and that is why I am writing this review. The lady who checked me out didn't even talk to me, I had to ask her if we were all squared up. No questions on my stay, no phone call 15 min after I checked in my room. Your place is very neat and I hope you can train your staff to take better care:)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank HeatherWonder
David J, Operations and Quality at Kachina Lodge Resort and Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

To Trip Advisor reviewers regarding recent review by Heather. Thank you for your business and time to make your comments relative to your stay. We had a meeting with the involved staff members about their sub-par service at the front desk, the quality of housekeeping and the maintenance items in your review. We take pride in the condition of our facility and furnishings so your comments were seriously acted upon. However your review had some overlay that made it somewhat seem you were enthusiastic to write about items and/or over emphasize; that is, 1 inch of dirt on the heater register, the shower took 10 minutes to get hot water! Because of these statements your review is offensive and should be taken with a grain of salt. Posted for W.Dean Koop, General Manager 12/2013

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at this lodge the last week in October, 2013.The lobby looks nice, but is nothing like the rooms. The place is an old lodge and has not been kept up. There were no lights outside the rooms, it smelled of smoke, bed was very soft and uncomfortable, barely any light inside, old TV, hard to reach plugs, old cheap sheets, bad lumpy pillows, shower and bath were ugly and dirty, carpet was filthy, no coffee maker or hot water maker, everything was just old, worn out and dirty. Breakfast was in a dining room where the server blatamtly asked for tips. I had an omelet where they generously gave one piece of toast. When I vehemently complained in the morning, the owner took $10 off. Ten whole dollars!!! Stay away from this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MichaelfromVa19
David J, General Manager at Kachina Lodge Resort and Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

This response is a surprise and we don't understand. Here is why. We have a Hotel Procedure for the front desk staff to call all our guests within 15 minutes after check-in to find if their room appears to be satisfactory. When this call receives any issue of dissatisfaction we resolve it without delay. The party making these comments had no communication on an issue to be resolved, however when he got to the front desk at checkout time everything possible was wrong and he wanted help. Something must have suddenly occurred to place him in such a negative mood only at check-out time or later when giving this response. In any event, we have reviewed the items cited in this response and are making sure that our hotel doesn't provide our guests with below standard facilities, amenities and service. Thanks. Hotel Management and Staff