We checked in...all looked ok... It is a tired looking place, not fancy but we don't require fancy. Just clean....but we didn't even get that!
Went to take a shower at 10pm only to find the tub faucet broken. It was just stuck and no water was going to come out of it! ( how did they clean it from last guest?? )
I called the front desk and was told there were no other non smoking rooms to move us to, but we could go shower in a smoking room down stairs at the end of the building, which we did since we were tired and needed a shower.
Then we tried to use the toilet in our room and the toilet was plugged up, nearly overflowing. GROSS!! No plunger and no maintance man on duty at 10pm
Then when I turned the bedding back there was long hair on the pillows , PUBIC HAIR in a few spots on the sheets and black fuzzy stuff all along the foot of the bed from someone's socks! GROSS Again!! The bed had NOT been made from the last person there, you could still see indents in the sheets where they laid. That was the final straw!
Three strikes you're OUT!! We packed our luggage and went back to the desk to tell them we weren't staying and wanted a refund. The front desk gal Charlotte S. was not happy about my complaining and acted like it was MY fault that I wanted to leave at 10pm. She even ran outside to our car to take the towel off my friends head (she had just taken a shower in the smoking room downstairs and it was cold walking back to our room with a wet head )
This place is a joke! Yes, it's cheap, poorly staffed and someplace to avoid. Shame on YOU Kachina Lodge for thinking that just because your address is in "TAOS" you can get away with lousy service and screw people out of their money. Get a grip and CLEAN UP YOUR ACT!! I'd like to see the manager sleep in that bed and have to shower in a different room and crap in a toilet that won't flush!!
Not good PR from the town of TAOS at all....Such a disapointment.!
PS.. this is the first time in years I've come across this situation and I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to lodging but this was totally unacceptable.!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 118 Full Service Resort Style Property. Nightly Taos Pueblo Indian Dances May-Oct. Outdoor Heated pool. Full Hot Breakfast included in Rate. Complimentary WIFI, shuttle (within 5 mile radius) 24 hr desk staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Kachina Lodge Resort and Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kachina Lodge Resort And Meeting Hotel Taos
- Best Western Taos
- Taos Best Western
- Kachina Lodge Resort And Meeting Center Taos, New Mexico