The room was quite large. 2 queen beds, dining table, and a love seat. The bathroom also had a dressing area which was a complete seperate room. We got a glass of wine at night, played pool, enjoyed the hot tub after a day of skiing and a HOT breakfast in the morning. The wait staff was wonderful...Ramona, our cafe waitress was AWESOME and EXTREMELY attentive.
I enjoyed opening the windows at night (yes it did have A/C but the open fresh air was so nice). We were there for "skiing" so we weren't in the room too much (why would you go to someplace for vacation and stay holed up in a room???).
The hotel was a bit "old". There were a few things that I thought could be worked on but overall it was fine. I was concerned because I saw some negative reviews but I was quite "happy". It may not have been the Ritz or the Waldorf but we were "comfortable" and happy. Several of the other hotels in the general area appeared to be in the same or MUCH worse condition...so that's just the way it is. You could have probably stayed in another hotel a few miles up the road that was obviously rather NEW but the cost was SIGNIFICANTLY more per night. The Kachina hotel was quite a bargin. I will not stay in a rotten hotel but I refuse to pay enormous $$ for a super ritzy hotel that I have no plans to spend HUGE amounts of time in. I expect my hotel to be CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, SAFE and conveniently located to whereever it is I'm visiting. I "prefer" to have a few amenities such as breakfast, hot tub, etc.
On the "negative" side...there internet in it's business center was painfully slow which I used to look up resturants in the area...I really didn't have a GREAT need for the internet so I really didn't care. I really didn't care much for the on-site resturant for "dinner" (BREAKFAST in the cafe was GREAT). But they have several places around. Outback Pizza down the road was good, Orlandos we didn't care for even though it was HIGHLY rated...further up the road off of Pueblo Del Sur close to Walmart was Tequilas...EXCELLENT...
When we go back to Taos...I will DEFINATELY stay there again. The price, location and room was a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 118 Full Service Resort Style Property. Nightly Taos Pueblo Indian Dances May-Oct. Outdoor Heated pool. Full Hot Breakfast included in Rate. Complimentary WIFI, shuttle (within 5 mile radius) 24 hr desk staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kachina Lodge Resort and Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kachina Lodge Resort And Meeting Hotel Taos
- Best Western Taos
- Taos Best Western
- Kachina Lodge Resort And Meeting Center Taos, New Mexico