This place must have been quite the gem in the 1950's-- the kiva shaped breakfast room (complete with incongruous totem pole center support) and kachina doll sconces in the main hall had great kitsch appeal, but once you are out of the common area, everything falls apart. The carpet in the room was stained and dirty (I wore shoes the whole time and kept them by the bed in case I needed to get up at night). The pool was closed and I poked my head in the hot tub room long enough to register the strong bathroom odor therein. I was in a first floor room and was kept up most of the night by the upstairs neighbor walking around and an adjacent neighbor snoring-- the walls (and ceiling) are paper thin. I didnt bother showering, as the bathroom was dirty and old. The indian dance at night was a pleasant diversion, but be aware that they expect a minimum $5.00 donation per person, so bring cash if you plan on viewing. The free breakfast was barely edible. I was a tired, dirty wreck of a person after my one night stay at the Kachina-- do yourself a favor and avoid this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 118 Full Service Resort Style Property. Nightly Taos Pueblo Indian Dances May-Oct. Outdoor Heated pool. Full Hot Breakfast included in Rate. Complimentary WIFI, shuttle (within 5 mile radius) 24 hr desk staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Kachina Lodge Resort and Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kachina Lodge Resort And Meeting Hotel Taos
- Best Western Taos
- Taos Best Western
- Kachina Lodge Resort And Meeting Center Taos, New Mexico