“Bad, Bad, Bad”

Kachina Lodge Resort and Meeting Center
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Taos
“Bad, Bad, Bad”
Reviewed 17 May 2010

The parking was free. That's about the only good thing about this place. Everything about the room felt dirty. The bed was hard and lumpy. The towels were scratchy. The air conditioner didn't cool the room. The wireless internet didn't work. The exterior of the motel is clean and inviting, but the rooms are old and outdated. We won two free nights there, but forfeited the 2nd night to stay at a nicer hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aspenglade22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Texas
Reviewed 23 March 2010

This is your typical ski vacation lodging. It was clean, very large rooms, very freindly staff. Carpet was new. Beds were okay, not the greatest (but not bad). Let's face it, there are no Westin's in the New Mexico mountains. I usually stay at higher end hotels (a lot nicer than this hotel) but I was not disappointed with this hotel at all. A great bargin.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank TexasBeachbum42
Cedar Park, TX
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Just ended a three night stay at Kachina Lodge in Taos and we'll be going back there. Staff was friendly, it's close to all the shopping and restaurants in Taos and only 30min drive to skiing. The room was a little small, the place is old, but it was clean. Mattress was average. Has a lounge onsite, bartender was nice, they could use an upgrade to their TV's, went to breakfast buffet - $15 for four of us (half price for guests), decent food for the price. Michaels diner across the street is another alternative. Manager let us check out a day early due to blizzard moving into area. Front desk personel were friendly and maid was friendly - gave us extra towels/shampoo. Had a nice time at Kachina and look forward to our next trip to Taos.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank hotslingers
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Me my wife and children had to return home to bury my mother. Very difficult time for us all. My mother Winifred passed on March 15, 2010. We stayed at the Best Western Kachina Lodge and had a very pleasant stay considering the circumstances. Very clean hotel, friendly staff, rooms very large and kept clean. Buffets were very satisfying. After the funeral we did alittle hiking, etc. I give this hotel an A.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank JamesSinclair
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 5 March 2010

I had a good two day stay here. The rooms are dated, but cozy and clean. Good Wifi. I requested a ground floor room and was upgraded to a king bed. I didn't try the restuarants, but you get a discount for breakfast and dinner. Friendly staff, free shuttle service, great location. Old but comfortable.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank MostWinningWoman
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 27 February 2010

This hotel came as a surprise to me and I found myself overall satisfied with my one night stay here. The first thing that surprised me was how spacious my room was. There weren't a lot of extras like refrigerators, etc. but for my brief stay... the beds were comfortable and it was clean.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank theabbysinger
Houston, Tx
Reviewed 7 January 2010

Staying at the Best Western Kachina Lodge was one of the most pleasurable times I have EVER had on a vacation. Where do I start, Arriving their the Hotel was Older and Very distinguished looking, very quaint, very very nice, and I immediately fell in love with it. The front desk clerks were extremely courteous and it felt like meeting an old friend. They went out of their way to pamper us. After check in, we went to our room. Very nice and spacious. I cannot describe the rooms except by saying that this is a 5 star hotel, Luxurious and Spotless. I just could not get over how clean the place was. I'm a clean freak and they where just above and beyond what I expected. Everything was arranged Just So. Everything we needed at our fingertips. Plenty of room for the kids and privacy for me and my wife. And again I just can't over express how courteous the people were. The front desk staff and housekeeping. These people took such great care of us and the rooms Stayed Spotless. I just can't rave about the housekeepers, People I mean SPOTTLESS, and on top of their game. The skiing was amazing, the views and the mountains. I think I’m going to try and relocate because this place is just beautiful; My wife and kids, we all had a blast. We will never forget this vacation, or this place. If you want the best 5 star hotel and lodge come to the Best Western Kachina Lodge & Meetings Center you will not be disappointed. The Fojtik Family had the time of their lives, we will never forget our experience.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family