“Day trip to Taos”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Taos
“Day trip to Taos”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I was at Taos for a day trip. Despite some bad reviews for this property, I decided to stay here and I am glad that I made that decision. The employes are really good, hardworking and very cooperative. Rooms were very clean and breakfast was also good for this mid range motel. I would definitely revisit this motel and recommend others to stay here as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Lunas, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 30 December 2013

When we arrived, we were met by a young man who seemed the only one who spoke English well enough to communicate. We were given directions where to park and told our room was on the end. It was actually 1/2 way down the hall. The hallway had an odd odor, but the room smelled heavily of soap. The bed was firm, clean, and comfortable, but the view was of the neighbor's backyard and Wheeler Peak in the distance. The bathroom door had a huge gash in it as if it was punched or cut with an axe. The TV channels did not match the water-stained piece of paper that claimed to have the channels offered. The actual selection was far worse and made no sense. The toilet seat sat so low it felt like it was designed for a kindergarten classroom. The room had few towels (though they were clean), yet it offered plenty of seating and desk space in the bedroom. The worst part was that the next morning, my room key didn't work at 9 AM. I was packing the vehicle and couldn't get back into the room with the key. I went to the counter and was told it wouldn't work because I was checking out that day. DUH! But I still had 2 hours before checkout time and was unable to return to the room! After a delay, the boy reset the key so I could get back in and continue leaving. I would certainly hope this place gets a huge makeover or owner in the near future. I'd rather pay more for a nicer place.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave L

Travellers are raving about these Taos hotels

Park City, Utah
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This place has the worst customer service of any hotel I have ever experienced. We booked for 2 days for 2 rooms for a couples motorcycle trip. We cancelled two days before we were due to arrive because there was rain in the forecast everyday. (It turned out the be the week that Boulder Colorado flooded) They refused to refund any money, charging us in full for two rooms for 2 days! I've called countless times: half the time someone who barely speaks English answers the phone and hangs up, the other half someone who says she'll speak to the owner who has been out of the country for over a month now. We asked if we could use the booking to use next spring when the monsoons aren't affecting the weather, and we were told there would be no consideration. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, BOOK ELSEWHERE!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Choose another location! We were quoted a price on the phone, arrived 15 minutes later only to find the rate to be higher. The clerk, dressed in sweatpants and a dirty t-shirt, refused to cancel the room and billed our credit. card. His refusal was completed with food in his mouth which he shared as he spoke. Customer service for Days Inn has many "opportunities for improvement" as well. I expected better from a national chain. Do yourself a favor ... pick another location in Taos, there are plenty to choose from. The Sun God Lodge just down the street was great. The clerk was young, efficient, and professional in every respect. We recieved a room that was nicely appointed with a living area, a kitchenette and two queen beds and a balcony for same price.

Room Tip: Choose another location! We were quoted a price on the phone, arrived 15 minutes later only to The...