“I would like to give a good review....BUT....”
Review of El Camino Lodge

El Camino Lodge
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Denver, Colorado
“I would like to give a good review....BUT....”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I am sitting in the parking lot at 3:20 in the afternoon because " we are really full and haven't been able to clean the room yet". Even though the website says check in at 3? Not off to a great start.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank txprincess72
, Guest Relations Manager at El Camino Lodge, responded to this review, 12 January 2017
I am so sorry for your experience at the hotel. We have just recently purchased the hotel and we feel it's important to reply to all the old reviews. We've been in the hotel business for some time now, and I can tell you, this would never have happened. Things do go wrong occasionally, but we would have gotten you into a room, I can assure you. We are replacing all the carpet and furniture and in general, remodeling the hotel both inside and out. We are also, retraining and rebuilding our entire staff. There are lots of updates both in the rooms and in the lobby and front desk. We have a long way to go, and we are a work in progress, but hopefully, if you're ever in the area again, you would give us a second chance. Thank you so much for your review, it is very important to us.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Massillon, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

My company( Usic) uses this dump because it's the only clc logging in the area. The rooms are filthy. The rooms are pet friendly and my room was full of fleas and was a very unpleasant stay. The beds are like sleeping on concrete and the breakfast served in the morning is a joke. The building looks nice from the street but that's not the case when you drive around to the rear and see this disaster they call a hotel

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank tminor79
I'm sorry for your sad stay at the hotel. We have just recently purchased the hotel, and as you have mentioned, we have a lot of work to do. We are replacing all the carpet and furniture. The hotel is being remodeled both inside and out. We are also retraining and rebuilding the entire staff. The lobby and front desk have been updated and remodeled. We've been in the hotel business for some time and do have a good idea what this place needs to make this a hotel you actually want to stay at. Hopefully, if you are ever in the area again, you will give us a second chance. Also, let us know how we're doing. I would like to thank you for your review, it is very important to us.

Guest Relations

Travellers are raving about these Taos hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We are a La Qinta family if not them then something as nice, But there is not one in taos. So we where looking at are usual hotel and they where charging a lot as usual. So we had seen the sign for the Whitten Inn and we thought we would call them and find out there price. At first the price was the same as are usual hotel their, But then the lady asked us what are budget was and wala! we got are room at a more than reasonable price. I love that and they have a nice indoor heated pool and hot tub. The continental breakfast was good they have waffles and cereal. and a few other goodies. The beds are comfy and warm! But the best part of the Hotel is the staff they are so nice, welcoming and helpful if I could remember there names I would call them out but I have bad memory. We enjoyed are trip with out emptying are walets thanks to them. I will stay there in are next trips to taos.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review. We have just purchased the hotel and are in the process of remodeling it, booth inside and out. We've been in the hotel business for some time now and realize we have a long way to go. All hotel/motels, need updating all the time. We are doing a complete update. We are replacing all the carpet and furniture. We are a work in progress, and we are really excited about the outcome. Hopefully, if you are ever in the area again, you will come back and stay with us. Again, thank you for your review, it is very important to us.

Missouri City, Texas
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I am in a band that travels usually 8 or 9 months out of the year and I stay at a lot of hotels. I have stayed at other when inn locations before and all of them have always been wonderful. This location was no exception. The staff was so friendly and welcoming. The room was very comfortable and quiet and even the breakfast was great! The hotel is a very good value for the price paid. I have even meet Mr. Whitten before when staying at one of his hotels before. His friendliness, hospitality and the great value of the girls is what keeps us coming back!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We have just recently purchased the hotel and as part of the transition process, we are replying to all the old reviews. I'm happy you had a nice stay and were treated with respect. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again if you are ever in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back. Again, thank your for your review, it is very important to us, it keeps us on our toes.

Taos
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Room was average at best, not the cleanest, but the beds were horrible we got absolutely no sleep at all. The positive was the water pressure was good in the shower if you could get past the mold residue. The Owner definitely needs to consider remodeling if they expect customers to return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Amy C
, Guest Relations Manager at El Camino Lodge, responded to this review, 6 February 2017
I have just read your review and I would like to apologize for your stay at the hotel. We have recently purchased the hotel and we are in the process of updating and remodeling. We are retraining and rebuilding our entire staff. I realize you were here some time ago, nevertheless, we wanted to let you know what is going on just in case you come to Taos again. We hope you will give us a second chance or perhaps just come by and let us know how we are doing. We've been in the hotel business for some time and realize we have a big job ahead of us, but we are up for the challenge. Thank you for your review as they are so important to us. Hope to see you one of these days.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

after being hurt and insulted by another hotel, the Whitten was very welcoming and accommodating! It was late but had no problem getting a room. The pool/spa was beautiful and relaxing. Breakfast in the morning was fresh looking and very nice. Beds were comfortable and everything looked clean and nice. Got a late checkout and just had a really good time! My family and I will stay hrre again nezt time we are in Taos. :)

• Stayed September 2013
Well thank you so much for your nice review. I realize you were here some time ago, but we have just purchased the hotel and wanted to get back to everyone who wrote a review to let you know what is going on. Perhaps, the next time you're in Taos you will come and stay with us again. We are a work in progress, as we are remodeling and updating everything. It will take some time, but we are very excited about the outcome. We hope you will come back and see us some day. Again, thank you for your review, it is so very important to us.

Lyons, Colorado
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We are on an impromptu journey having been displaced by the Colorado floods earlier this week. Budget is an issue given the 6 month forecast we were given for being able to return. We chose this hotel to fit those needs. Therefore I am not judging it by the criteria I would normally use. The Whitten Inn provides a satisfactory product worthy of the star rating it has. I have always wanted to visit Taos and had a preconceived notion of the spiritual aura deemed by the history of the demographics that occupied the area. The Whitten Inn embodies this spirit in an offbeat way that I like.
The room was comfortable and quiet. Occupancy I guess was about 20%. The staff was courteous, and I learned Mr. Whitten has other humorous incentives for guests that are randomly conducted as a promotion for a free night's stay. The signage posted in my photo sums up. Value for price paid is excellent.

I have to say the property has an excellent wifi signal compared to places we stayed at earlier in Boulder that seem content with having portions of the guest rooms without a signal. Room amenities for the most part have to be requested at the front desk.

I would definitely return under similar circumstances. I would like to recognize staff members Heidi and Patrick. Good people.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the lovely review. I'm sure you are surprised to hear from us, but we have just recently purchased the hotel and as part of the transition process, we are replying to all the reviews. We've been in the hotel business for some time, so we are used to updating and remodeling. It's an ongoing part of the hotel business. We are also changing the name to the Taos Valley Lodge, in case you ever are in the area again. We would love to have you stay with us again, you won't be disappointed. Again, thank you for your review, it has been very helpful to us.