“accomendations”
Review of Hampton Inn Taos

Hampton Inn Taos
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Excellent in every way except one....The mattresses in the room we had were poor quality and/or worn out. Morning breakfast was average. Room view was poor considering hotel was almost empty. Not much within walking distance of hotel such as restaurants, stores etc.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here with our 7 month old son for our anniversary weekend. We had a reservation for a king size room and when we got to the hotel we were given a king size smoking room. With our son being with, we could not stay in a smoking room so we settled for two double beds instead. I have stayed at may Hampton Inn's traveling for work in the past few years. This hotel looked like a Hampton Inn but once we got to the room we were less than impressed. It was obvious that this hotel was purchased and converted to a Hampton Inn at some point. It was reasonably clean but in general the rooms needed some updating and minor repairs. The beds were plenty comfortable and the A/C worked great in the room.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here a couple of months ago with no problems. We were on the second floor in a clean and comfortable room. This weekend we stayed again, but this time on the first floor. The bathroom had missing tiles and mildew in the shower. My in-laws noticed the same issues in their room, also on the first floor. I don't know if the first floor just needs a little TLC, but I will definitely request a room on a higher floor next time. Staff was very friendly both times and breakfast in the mornings is a nice convenience.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

First I called to verify that my reservation was made by my company. The girl that answer the phone said the computers were down and to call back around 10am that morning. I did, and this time she said I didn't have a reservation. Wrong...and she was very rude. My company made the reservation and I had the conformation to conform my stay. My company then called to verify that I was on my way and that I did have a room. They were then instructed to call the 1-800 number if they had any problems. Again my company said the girl was rude to them. I got a call back from my company that the Hampton home office sent them a email saying I had a room. I got to the hotel and the ladies up front were very rude and said I had to wait longer when I arrived at there check in time. They then ignored me and took another person before they even would help me...taking I was there first. They told him all the perks of staying there and if I was not standing there I would of not known about them. When I finally got to my room and realized the front desk did not tell me what time was check-out and I didn't want to go back and deal with them again. So my husband tried to call down to the front desk and got hung up on. I seen that the hotel had a book with information, I opened it and it said check-out was 12pm. At 8am with a do not disturb sign on the door the maids started knocking. I let them know we are still in the room sleeping. Of course they woke us up. Again at 10am, woke up again, knock at the door by another maid. As we left I ask the front desk what time was check out, they said 11am. I told them we didn't like the maids waking us up starting at 8am and again at 10 and that their book said Noon. If the Hampton Inn gives up so much trouble and this being the first time we stayed with them, we won't be staying at another Hampton. The room was ok, beds could be more comfortable.

Room Tip: Good luck getting one you want.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel was about what you'd expect. Not too fancy, but it was clean. Beds were quite comfortable. Air worked well. We were on the second floor and it was super quiet! The breakfast area was nice and well-stocked. Offered everything you'd want for breakfast. Cookies were a treat one day! Wifi was "spotty" at best and that was a bit disappointing. Staff was friendly and attentive. Kids (18 and 15) went to the hot tub and said it was "ehhh". Towels were available there. Didn't work out but fitness area appeared nice. Laundry room (1 washer/1 dryer) was available and in-use most of the time. Not a bad place to stay for the money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I would never stay at this hotel again. The rooms would not lock, there was mold in the bathroom, the room smelled of animals as did the hallways. It took over 1 hour to check into the hotel. This hotel is a disgrace to the Hampton Inn brand name.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Steven S
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our third hotel of our trip and the weakest by comparison. Arrived after a lightning storm several days before took out their wifi. This seemed to make everyone crabby - guests and employees. Breakfast was nice, as usual at Hamptons, host was lovely. My youngest son did not like the pool - said it didn't smell clean. Beds were fine but duvets were being washed wrong and were very lumpy. Bathroom was ready for a refresh and fan didn't work. Lobby looked updated. Very small business center with just a single desk in the lobby.

Elevator was far from entry way. No refrig in our room but expected one. Heard it was recently sold so hoping for changes, Easy access to area via car or bus.

Room Tip: Tell front desk very clearly about your needs. First floor rooms are set up differently from second...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family