“Very accommodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ace Lodge

Ace Lodge
“Very accommodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

The owners are very accommodating, friendly and helpful. They are truly the jewels of this diamond in the desert. Myself and my business associates stay here whenever we are in Truth or Consequences, it's our home away from home.

• Stayed May 2012

1 Thank bogartt

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

A buddy and I have a gold claim just southeast of T or C. We come twice a year for a week or so each trip, and we always stay at the Ace. Truthfully, my mother would not stay here. It's a bit long in the tooth, and could use a fresh coat of paint and some spackle. But for a week's stay it is conveniently located, clean, plenty of hot water, and cheap. If you just need a place to sleep, it is fine. If you need a base for sight-seeing, it is good. If you want to sit in the room for three days and must have high-speed WiFi, you will probably be disappointed. I will stay there on my next trip, and the ones after that. I am a travelling engineering manager, and spend more than a few nights in hotels every month. This one ain't bad.

Room Tip: The side closest to the office has more recently remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Bruce B
Lewis K, Owner at Ace Lodge, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Thank you very much for the review!!
We do have an older building that we are in the process of remodeling.
Your continued patronage enables us to continue the process. We try very hard to keep our rooms clean and functional at a very reasonable price.We do have many very nice newly remodeled, non smoking rooms that the ladies have happily spent time in.

Thanks for your business!!!
Lewis and Janet Kern, owners
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I liked the Ace Lodge for its friendly staff, clean well kept room, convenient ice machine, TV , internet wifi and phone services. I'll stay there again when passing through. They also accept pets and there's room to walk my cats where there isn't at a lot of the other places

Room Tip: I like the south facing rooms for the sun even though it doesn't shine directly in the room
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

I read a couple of glowing reviews of this place, so I booked it as a stop-over on a drive between Colorado and Southern Arizona.

At the end of a long day’s drive it was a disappointment. My American Express card, entered through the booking site, hadn't been accepted, so I had to pay with an alternate card.

The room was, well, shabby. The bedroom light fixture had one of its two bulbs burned out. The cables leading to the oldest & tiniest TV in America were draped across the wall. The TV remote didn't work. The blanket was of the thinnest sort, with equally used-up pillows. The window drapes were sagging and ill-hung. Only the bathroom looked as if it had had any attention in the past decade.

If I make the drive again, I'll book with one of the motels chains located closer to the freeway, if only to avoid the Ace Lodge.

Room Tip: Rooms down the road will be a few decades newer . . .
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Douglas B

Travellers are raving about these Truth or Consequences hotels

Austin, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

This place sucks! I reserved my room on the recommendation of someone. First off they charged my credit card for the whole stay up front which kinda threw me off but no knowing better I went with it. The first room I had there wasn't any wi-fi signal. There aren't any lamps or wall sconces so it's the ceiling light or nothing. The ceiling light didn't have a cover so it was just a bare bulb. There's cracks in all the walls. No tub just tile showers which have black mildew in the grout. I changed room to get a wi-fi signal and the second room had two beds, neither of which you can see the crappy TV from comfortably since its mounted above the headboard of one of the beds. The toilet barely flushes and bring your own toilet paper since they don't restock or give you any extra. I would check out but they have a NO REFUND policy! Oh they put a microwave in here but you can't plug it in because the wall socket only has two holes and the microwave has three prongs! It's left unplugged and just for show basically! The second room they put me in has tile floors which haven't been mopped in who knows how long. It turned the bottom of my socks black.

Room Tip: I would skip this place and stay somewhere else if you want a good room!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Nick G
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

We stayed unexpectedly do to a business change over and didnt know what we were going to get for such a cheap price,but we were shocked.We had nice clean rooms with great AC,which was a blessing in that N.M summer heat! The management was very hospitable.They were friendly and even sat at the picnic tables to shoot the breeze with us when they had a moment.They were a blast.We promised to come back and stay at their lodge over any other in the area.We really enjoyed our week there and we reccomend the Ace Lodge to anyone staying in the area for business or pleasure

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank t8kn4grntd
western United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2008

We contemplated staying at one of the hotels near Exit 79, but we needed a place to stay for a week, so we checked out the Ace Lodge. We were given a room with a King size bed, large television and a refrigerator at a great rate. We're glad that we stayed there, and we got to know the owners, who keep a very clean hotel.

• Liked — Comfortable and very clean
  • Stayed February 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank WCSL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Travelodge Truth OR Consequences
Travelodge Truth OR Consequences
#9 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
#1 of 1 in Williamsburg
Desert View Inn
Desert View Inn
#6 of 15 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Ace Lodge? Share your experiences!