“Just too inconsistent . . . ”
Review of Cafe Bella Luca

Cafe Bella Luca
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Tempe, Arizona
“Just too inconsistent . . . ”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Have been here a few times over the years - it's sometimes good, sometimes just ok, but this last visit was so very bad. . . We want to support them, but the inconsistencies in service and food/wine quality make it difficult, especially considering the prices. It was so bad I ended up grabbing a pizza from Passion Pie after I left BellaLuca - I literally walked straight over. I basically paid for two dinners in one night, but luckily the Passion Pie pizza was extremely reasonable and absolutely delicious! I was sad because I really wanted to enjoy my dinner at BellaLuca, but it was inedible - the crostini were soggy, drenched in a thick, pasty sauce and some of the shrimp raw. Service was iffy, but that was no surprise, it's typically inconsistent. Unfortunately, the food was just way too bad this time.

2 Thank KEStravels

Los Angeles, California
“Good Italian Food”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This restaurant, housed in a former business that could have been a drug store, offers a good selection of Italian food. The high ceilings do make it a wee bit noisy when the room is full and we felt like we were imposing when we asked for refills.

Visited October 2013
New Mexico
“Phenomenal!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This historic building now houses what should become an historically good restaurant. The service was really great and the food is to DIE for - if I had to have a last meal, the short rib and pasta dish would be it. Thanks you guys, wish you were here.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank 2Catjoe
Montgomery, Alabama
“Excellent food and delightful location”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Evening meals don't begin until 5PM, but as we were traveling through and wanted to try their restaurant, they offered us a "limited" menu at 4 PM. It was pretty much anything on the evening menu. We chose to sit on the patio and the ambiance added to the overall delightful experience. The wait staff were all very attentive and the food was wonderful. I chose the arugula salad and portabello rockets and ate every bite--too good to leave even a little. My friends all raved over their dinners as well. We were glad they offered to seat us early as this is a very popular Italian restaurant in a small town. It is obviously a hit with the locals as well as others. One couple told me they drive the 35 miles one way every time they want to eat out. The food was great, the prices very reasonable and the staff were wonderful. We thought about planning anohter trip to Las Cruces just to have the chance to eat here again!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ddred
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Wonderful atmoshpere!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

They even gave my daughters chichua a drink on the patio! Nice to know places can be pet friendly and still have wonderful food!

Visited May 2013