“Great Italian Food”
Review of Cafe Bella Luca

Cafe Bella Luca
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a must place to dine if you are traveling to Truth or Consequences. Really good Italian food at decent prices.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Bella Luca

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We enjoyed our Friday night pasta so much, we went back Saturday night for pizza. Now we know where to go for good Italian food in New Mexico. Nice selection of organic, biodynamic wines by the glass, too!

1  Thank Wendy F
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Have been here a few times over the years - it's sometimes good, sometimes just ok, but this last visit was so very bad. . . We want to support them, but the inconsistencies in service and food/wine quality make it difficult, especially considering the prices. It was so bad I ended up grabbing a pizza from Passion Pie after I left BellaLuca - I literally walked straight over. I basically paid for two dinners in one night, but luckily the Passion Pie pizza was extremely reasonable and absolutely delicious! I was sad because I really wanted to enjoy my dinner at BellaLuca, but it was inedible - the crostini were soggy, drenched in a thick, pasty sauce and some of the shrimp raw. Service was iffy, but that was no surprise, it's typically inconsistent. Unfortunately, the food was just way too bad this time.

2  Thank KEStravels
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This restaurant, housed in a former business that could have been a drug store, offers a good selection of Italian food. The high ceilings do make it a wee bit noisy when the room is full and we felt like we were imposing when we asked for refills.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This historic building now houses what should become an historically good restaurant. The service was really great and the food is to DIE for - if I had to have a last meal, the short rib and pasta dish would be it. Thanks you guys, wish you were here.

1  Thank 2Catjoe