“Great place, grumpy staff.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Truth or Consequences
La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I've stayed here a few times in the past and have loved it. Everything is clean and well cared for. The pools are amazing. Unfortunately I have to say that the vibe has changed lately. The staff leadership seems to need a vacation. We were treated pretty rudely. Although I really like this place, I believe I’ll be taking my business elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron B
meleasa, Owner at La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

I am very sorry you were unhappy with our staff. It is unusual to receive a complaint about our employees and I am checking into this to see what may have occurred. Our goal is to provide our guests with a peaceful relaxing experience. My apologies if this wasn't the case for you.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was a great visit. The rooms were from 100 years ago set up around a central courtyard. Though obviously dated, these rooms were very clean, the beds and linens (including lots of towels and very thick teri cloth robes) were top notch. We chose this motel because unlike the other spas in town, the hot springs at La Paloma (5 separate rooms) were open to guests 24 hours. The 5 pools were at varying temperatures of 104 to 112 degrees, and a couple of the rooms had massage tables/lounges where one could rest and still enjoy the heat of the waters. These rooms were private with beautiful murals. All the rooms and foot baths opened onto a comfortable central sitting area. The staff was very friendly and pleasant to talk with as well. We will go back next trip to the desert.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Va C
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This was one of my best stays. I never felt so relaxed at a hotel in my life. The best relaxation I have had in YEARS, despite the horrid fireworks show at Elephant Butte.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank FreddyCdaAGG
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Just wonderful all the way around. Especiallr recommend the one 2nd floor room with cute kitchenette.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Daniel J
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My husband and I stayed for our 2nd time at La Paloma. It's simplicity is what we really like. Also the whisper quiet privacy of the soaking tubs is perfect for relaxing. We enjoyed the new paint and murals in the soaking tubs. Also nice to have an unscented candle to light if you want to not have the lights on. The ceiling fans help to cool you off well. Love the quiet music playing. We enjoy the "cabin" quality of the clean rooms. My husband had a massage with Andre, whom he said was excellent and a "centered" person. This is a no frills experience but the basics are all there: coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator and wonderful, peaceful soaking.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kellykabuki
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This was our first time to stay at La Paloma. Within 30 min of our arrival, we were soaking in the hot springs. The entire atmosphere in the bath house and in the individual private suites for soaking was geared toward relaxation. Everything from the soaking pools to our mountain view suite was clean and comfortable. It was nice to have a real kitchen and full-size refrigerator at hand, too. The staff was very helpful with restaurant choices on a rather dicey Memorial weekend Sunday. They knew in advance which ones would be open. I really wished we could have stayed an extra night, and will be sure to return as frequent New Mexico visitors. A final point was La Paloma contacted me a few days after our visit to let us know we had left some clothing items behind and then arranged to ship them to us. Great service start to finish and beyond!

Room Tip: The Vista Bonita suite is the only second story room and has a fabulous view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nathan C
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Have stayed at La Paloma (formerly Marshall Hot Springs) four times, each time totally enchanted with the waters (lighting controlled frompitch dark to bright, lovely music, quiet customers, water from hot to hotter to very very hot, naturalriver rock on the bottom of the pools) - the rooms are small but the beds are amazingly comfortable! Wifi works, peaceful courtyard, pools available 24-7, tome the best hot spring spa in the US.

Room Tip: All small old fashioned motal rooms with no drive up but all perfectly outfitted with big bathrobes...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank barscoinc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#2 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
#1 of 2 in Elephant Butte
Rocket Inn
Rocket Inn
#3 of 14 in Truth or Consequences

Been to La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa? Share your experiences!