“Delicious”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere, great food at a good price. We stopped in and enjoyed the friendly service. I would recommend them for having authentic Mexican and American plates.

2  Thank bselect1

Reviewed 18 July 2014

There wasn't a lot opened when we got into town on a Wednesday night. We saw the other reviews and went to this restaurant. It was so good!!! The prices were right. It's not much to look at from the outside or inside. But this is the place to eat!! We went back there again for breakfast the next day.

4  Thank meeta4
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The food there was very goood, had an awesome experiance the waitress was nice and talkative, i would definetly come back very often

4  Thank raechyl
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I love hole in the wall restaurants but after the hotel proprietor told me the "salsa wasn't too hot" I almost vetoed making the trip to Maria's. Turns out, the carne asada is perfectly marinated, the corn tortillas are fresh, and they are accommodating for those of us with celiac disease. I had to pork tacos, mom had the carne asada tacos, and we split a homemade, firm flan. On a trip from Tucson to Taos, this was the best meal we had. Though the staff is often poorly reviewed, we found that they were generous and warm with travelers--I even left my credit card at the restaurant and they offered to cut it up for me since we were 2 hours away. And for those salsa snobs, it was perfectly spicy--not mild but fresh with enough spice that I reached for my iced tea after several chips. Hit up Maria's for a nice break from road food!

4  Thank NPrentiss
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We found Maria's after a long day of travel and with BIG appetites. We were pleased with our meal and the great service. The food is very authentic- true down home N Mex grub ( Chilli Relleno was muy bueno!) The young couple that manages it ( her family biz) had come back from pro Restaurant work in LA and brought with them a flair of sophistication to the already delicious choices- they were incorporating a special "cooler" summer menu that i only wish we had been able to sample. They also serve a very affordable breakfast---YAY for Maria's! Thanks for your culinary contribution to our trip!

3  Thank GypsyJulie