“Must Visit!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Truth or Consequences
The Birch Street Retreat
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Must Visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We celebrated my girlfriends birthday in T or C and stayed the first leg of our trip with Roger and Ann. WHAT AN INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE! They are some of the sweetest people we've ever met, the accommodations were clean, comfortable and stocked full of goodies. Roger did body work on both of us and I would highly recommend getting a massage from him. We upgraded to 90mins each (good idea cause Roger will make you melt) He also cooked us an awesome pancake breakfast, with flour he had milled himself! They recommended some hiking trails nearby that were fantastic. There were other guests staying when we were there and you could barely tell that there were other people in the house. They have remodeled the entire interior recently and its so clean and beautiful! Make sure to say hey to Sammy (their tortoise) and their 2 loving dogs while you are there

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

After traveling from Tucson, this Bed and Breakfast was a welcome resting place. The house is very clean and beautifully designed and modeled. My wife and I talked with the couple who own the house and run the B&B and found out that they did the remodeling. The breakfast was delicious even though my wife and I requested completely different food (I'm a vegetarian and she needs meat.) The owners recommended that we walk over to the hot springs along the Rio Grande, which we did. The walk was a 5-minute gentle stroll through a quaint, shady part of town. There was a nominal fee to enter the hot springs which are an excellent place to unwind after driving several hours. The hot springs are nicely designed and very clean. The owner is also a massage therapist. We will stay there again whenever we travel out east. Next time, we plan to get a massage too.

Room Tip: All of the rooms appeared wonderful. No one else was there, so the owners let us choose which room...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

When we first arrived, I thought, Oh, how lovely! A true bed & breakfast! That is, a family home with a few rooms that are let out to travelers, with a warm & cozy family home atmosphere...

Well, the hosts were lovely... but it was really awkward to stay in somebody else's home and for them to just come on into the partitioned-off section of the house where we were staying and make morning conversation...

It was like being on an airplane and just wanting to listen to your music and do your own thing, but the person next to you wants to talk.. and talk.. only it's 8am and you're in your pajamas with puffy eyes and a splotchy face and you just really, really don't want to make fake, smiley small talk.

Then there was the smell. The hosts made no mention of any plumbing problems--if it were my B&B I would point it out, and say, "sorry the house smells strongly of poop right now.. it isn't normal and we're working on it.."--leading me to think that the front of the house (the B&B part) just smells like poop. STRONGLY.

I waited several months to write this review because I just didn't want to say anything bad about these nice people's accommodation, but oh gosh, I wouldn't stay there again. :/

Oh! And there was another traveler staying in the bedroom across the common area, and she snored like a pro... the walls must have been thin because it sounded like she was there in the room with us...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

We arrived (two families) on Christmas eve.
As all restaurants in the area were closed, Ann & Roger suggested kindly to join them for dinner! (and pay as we wish). Needless to mention, they made sure all our dietary needs & restriction were met. We spent a wonderful evening together as well as hours together the next day.
Ann & Roger assisted with our daily trips, not only with personal advice but also with any detail that could be thought of: from towels to water to espresso, etc.
After two nights we needed to move on...we heavily regretted to leave them and continue our trip...
They are a lovely flower in the middle of the New Mexico desert!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Tularosa, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

The pkg deal attracted me, room, soak @ Riverbend and massage by Rodger. The stay was not the 'typical' and by far exceeded my expectations. The bed was comfortable, plenty of reading material to occupy the mind, and loads of movies if you are so inclined. Rodger is gifted. We will return.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Warrington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

My niece & I stayed here on 7-20-2012. It was the most amazing place! We did the the package deal for two which included massages for both of us. Roger is an exceptional massage therapist
and I felt like a million bucks after the session. The retreat is clean and welcoming with the best hosts. Everything that you could possibly want or need is here. I am so glad that we had chosen this place and I highly recommend it!!!! I didn't go into a lot of detail about how beautiful this place is since the other reviews covered everything else. I can't wait to come back to New Mexico and do it again!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

Having come several times to Birch Street Retreat, I thought it high time I wrote a review! I love coming to T or C and this place makes it that much better!

Birch Street Retreat is located at a perfect walking distance to the town center, Riverbend Hot Springs, and parks... Comfortable seating outside with an ever changing and improving garden is a wonderful way to while time away with a book or chatting with people. Ann and Roger are friendly, hospitable and very accessible for information about T or C.

The package deal with massage and discounted tickets for Riverbend is a perfect way to treat yourself and a significant other or friend!

Don't forget to ask to meet Spike and Sammy, the resident tortoises, they are always eager to meet new people :)

I will keep

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank newmex12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#2 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Rio Grande Motel
Rio Grande Motel
#1 of 1 in Williamsburg
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Spa
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Sp...
#10 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Pelican Spa
Pelican Spa
#3 of 6 in Truth or Consequences

Been to The Birch Street Retreat? Share your experiences!