“Don't expect what you pay for”

Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Don't expect what you pay for”
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I booked online due to the fact that I have a small dog, and was aware that there are usually few rooms in hotels for pets. On my reservation it stated that I had booked a KING bed, pet room. When we got there, the front desk clerk moved us from that room, stating that it was handicap accessible, and we clearly didn't need a handicap room. Fine. BUT at the time we checked in (1pm) the rooms were not available to see. Upon our arrival later that night we discovered that the room we were given was 2 double beds, and smelled like smoke, and mold. We complained to the night clerk, and she was hateful and rude. Told us that the only other room for pets was a handicap room and it was taken. She also said that all 1st floor rooms were non smoking, so too bad. There was no reason for he to have been hateful to us. We just wanted what we reserved. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The beds were terrible, and the pillows were like air. If you do visit, make sure your room is correct, and bring your own pillows.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank cfblue78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Wendover, Utah
Reviewed 23 November 2010

this hotel has really bad customer service, so if you are into bad service then feel free to stay there

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Chavez1234
Wickenburg, Arizona
Reviewed 31 October 2010

As a woman who travels on business I'm super fussy when it comes to where I stay. This hotel was really nice. The room was nice and BIG and comfortable. Nothing was lacking. Will stay again. Came for the Spaceport America dedication.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Arizonatourgal
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Rooms looked nice and clean at first. The next morning found a bed bug crawling on the bed. Called front desk they came up. They didn't find anymore and tried to tell me they wernt bed bugs. Have the bites and the bug and spots of blood on the bed. Still refused to give me my money back. Lady was very RUDE.. Will never stay there and will makes sure everyone I know does NOT stay there either.....Have Pictures to Prove it.. Also the maid was knocking on the doors at 9:00. Doors slamming in hallway echo. No sleep to much noise. Paper thin walls.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
9 Thank blueeyedgirlnala
NY
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn in T or C so much! Friendly staff, especially that wonderful man that works the desk at night, super clean rooms, attentive housekeeping, beautiful swimming pool and hot tub, impressive complimentary breakfast with a delightful variety of foods, teas, juices and coffee and absoultely secure building. We will definately reccoment this hotel to anyone and we will be back whenever in Tor c.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank laylany
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed 25 June 2008

I checked a lot of hotels before I arrived and this one was one of the best if not the best in T or C. When I got to the hotel room I was not at all disapointed (see photo). It was a very large room (apparently we were given a corner room so that might explain it) with a kitchenette, mini-fridge, stand-alone closet, small seating area, and very nice beds with the most comfortable pillows you will ever sleep on. The bathroom was basic with many toiletries and a nice shower. The breakfast nook was nice and had good waffles. There is also a Denny's connected to the building which I'd imagine has good food ( I obviously didn't try it). The Comfort Inn & Suites T or C was great!

• Liked — Great Rooms
  • Disliked — No elevator, and one of the staircases smelled like BO
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TravelingBro16
California
Reviewed 27 August 2007

I made reservations and when I tried to cancel them 6 days prior to Labor Day weekend (one of their busiest weekends according to Larry the deskclerk) I was told they have a 1 week cancellation policy. No manager was on duty, so I was told to call back Monday. Monday morning I was told there was no manager on duty to call the owner (Carla Rook) at 3:30. When I called back Larry was there again and this time claimed to be the asst mgr and would not let me speak with the owner. He again stated they would not cancel my reservations for any of the 3 days I had booked and would not rent my room to anyone even if they were full.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank FrequentTraveler60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
#6 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Pelican Spa
Pelican Spa
#3 of 6 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences? Share your experiences!