“Fun place to eat when walking around downtown T or C”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of A & B Drive In

A & B Drive In
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Fast food
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Fun place to eat when walking around downtown T or C”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It was fun to sit at the picnic tables and eat while "people-watching" the locals. We enjoyed the fried zucchini. I tried the fried gizzards on a lark! The pugs got 95% of them - a little too tough for me. It's so nice that old school drive ins still exist. Hard-working staff, know what they are doing. Quick service.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Diane_E_A

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Very Good”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had a regular cheese burger and it was great! It was flavorful, juicy, and it was quick. The service was very friendly and the prices are great.

Visited July 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best fried mushrooms!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The food was really good! Especially the fried mushrooms! Have to go and try them yourself...
It was within walking distance from our hotel so we didn't utilize the drive in part of it. But good place overall.

Visited May 2013
Eastpoint, Florida
“Great burgers”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Typical small town drivein with a huge selection of food. Had heard the burgers were real good and they were. Cooked to order, handformed, fresh buns, lettuce and tomato. Also have heard their Mexican fare is good. Was very pleasantly surprised as it doesn't look like much.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank tumblwede
Missouri
“Friendly vibe”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Given a choice between the Bella Luca and the A&B Drive-in, I'd return to the A&B without hesitation. The A&B always seemed flush with customers (giving it an imprimatur of approval, in my mind), the service laid-back and friendly, the vibe inside - I don't know - it had a happy, neighborly sort of ambiance.

I got a green chile cheeseburger and although it doesn't warrant a special trip to try out, the inclusion of mustard gave it an interesting layer of flavor that I liked. The green chile was not a player, really, in the burger. The chips were so-so; almost, though not quite, stale.

So if the food was indifferent, why am I giving the place a 3 rating? One reason is that I can't help but compare my experience at A&B with my experience at Bella Luca - the latter has culinary pretensions that it doesn't live up to, and the A&B is pretty much WYSIWYG - a hometown diner. In comparing my costs, I paid three times as much for my dinner at BL than at A&B and received less satisfaction with the experience. And because so many folks go to A&B, I'd be willing to visit them a second time and try something different, partly because I can afford to take the financial risk in doing so, and partly because it's got such a happy spirit.

• Visited May 2013