“The absolute best place....”

Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Tucson, Arizona
“The absolute best place....”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My boyfriend took me on a surprise weekend May 16-18th. I really had no idea what he had planned. Only the greatest trip for us. He took me to Sierra Grande Lodge. This place was wonderful. From the moment we walked in the customer service was impeccable. All 3 women greeted us immediately and one of them said something like we're glad you're here. How awesome. :)

One of the ladies said we would like to schedule you for a soak tonight. I was like a soak. What is this place? They gave me the run down. My boyfriend had planned a SPA weekend for us. They gave us a tour and asked if we needed help with our luggage (we didn't). We went for a soak and all I can say is AWESOME. This was Friday night. I had the best night sleep.

On Saturday, we scheduled a couples massage. The ladies that gave us our massages were great. Charles had Jodi and I had Tina. Tina was rad. The pressure was just perfect. She even talked to me before she started to let me know that if I had any problems to let her know immediately. I didn't. My only problem was that the massage didn't last longer. :) Both ladies were just lovely.

Later I had a body wrap with Tina again. I had never had a body wrap. This was wonderful. Again, my only complaint, not long enough. I had the 1 hour, but next time I will get the 1 1/2. We also had a couple more soaks in the mineral water. Saturday was just a great relaxing day. I took 3 naps.

Sadly, we left on Sunday. We had one more soak and off we went. We will definitely be back before the end of the year. I want to try the outside soak at night looking up at the stars and the moon.

The breakfast was continental.

My only complaint was that there wasn't a restaurant on site for maybe a lite lunch or a lite dinner. I would have liked to have stayed on the premises instead of going into town.

I give this place a million stars.

Carrie

Room Tip: We had a queen room on the 2nd floor with a shared balcony. Very nice :)
1 Thank Carrie S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've been going to Sierra Grande for several years and decided to go back to "check out" the new staff - I wasn't disappointed in any way. The property is as beautiful, serene, relaxing, and wonderful as it's always been. The staff are very friendly and willingly attend to your every need. Their attention to detail is especially nice. Always a treat to go back to: delicious breakfast with homemade goodies and a wide variety of teas daily; quiet rooms with updated TVs; nice views; exquisite, relaxing hot tub soaks; great facials and massage treatments; new fitness room - yay; peace and quiet; central location; and a place where you feel welcome and at home. My only "wish" would that some of the rooms had King beds and some type of seating besides desk chair, but the beds are comfortable and their lotion and bath products divine. I highly recommend visiting this "diamond" in the desert in T or C and especially recommend visiting during the week (Monday-Thursday) when it's especially quiet, less expensive, and not as busy. Treat yourself and leave feeling refreshed and happy. Thanks everyone for a nice visit - I will definitely be back!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 25 May 2014

One of the best Spa experiences we could have asked for, the rooms were clean, the prices were great, and the pools were nice. However, the best part about staying at Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa was the staff. They were extremely nice and gave the entire lodge experience a warm feeling that both my wife and I walked away from feeling as if we were royalty. Overall, a wonderful place to stay!

Maryland
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had a Great room, and the great breakfast bar is not just same ole same ole, service is great , and great location is so easy to reach as it in is downtown with I site parking. . Stay again in a heartbeat. Wish we had stayed longed

Silver City, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Overall the experience for us was primo. Very clean and impressive southwest style in this adobe hacienda/ palacio. We took the mineral hot springs baths every night and morning in the outside private bath. The breakfast with exquisite varieties of coffee/teas; seating was either inside or outside on the wide patio. Room was beautifully done in the southwest style. Their hospitality was superb.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Yes, I passed up the chain hotels and took a chance on the Sierra Grande, thanks to all the positive reviews on tripadvisor.com. What a fabulous experience! From the warm welcome we received, to the delicious breakfast buffet, to the hot springs tubs, it was all most unexpected and enjoyable. Don't worry about getting an updated, clean room. Ours was pristine. The staff was always available to help and answer questions -- could not have been friendlier. This is the reward of staying in a small town ... wonderful, warm people. Loved it!

Room Tip: The room with twin beds is spacious, with a table, tub/shower, and armoire. The beds felt a bit sho...
1 Thank icingblue
Taos, New Mexico
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We held a conference at the Sierra Grande Lodge, and it was a wonderful, pampered experience. Make sure to take the time to soak in one of their hot springs - we preferred the indoor spring which we enjoyed before a fabulous massage! Breakfast was continental, so you could eat at your convenience, either inside or outside on their inviting patio. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We would recommend that anyone stay at the Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa when in T or C.

Room Tip: We loved being upstairs with a room that opened to the common second floor rooftop patio. If you ar...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Elephant Butte Inn
Elephant Butte Inn
#1 of 2 in Elephant Butte
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
#3 of 6 in Truth or Consequences
Desert View Inn
Desert View Inn
#6 of 15 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!