“Oasis”

Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Roswell, Georgia
“Oasis”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

A pleasant surprise at an affordable price. They try to make you feel at home. The grounds and outdoor soak were lovely. Plan to stay several days and take in the 'ghost towns' in the surrounding mountains.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Evanston, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Sierra Grande is a lovely place, and the staff really went out of their way to accommodate our needs. Scheduled a last-minute massage that felt wonderful. The weather was a bit too warm to fully appreciate the hot spring soaks, but the outdoor tub is beautiful at night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen Halverson C
Nm
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Girlfriend and i went up for an over night {Sunday thur Thursday } cheaper rates .I feel its worth the money to be on the second floor as there is a shared balcony for all the rooms .each room has double doors that lead outside and there is table with chairs and lounger chair for each room. Free Continental breakfast in the morning nice ,but pastry was stale . Spa service are offer and its nice many of the service offer can be 30 minutes or an hour .Important if doing spa service ask for the most experience person doing your treatment !! Equally important first day we both had negative spa treatment , shared it with the front desk . The woman called the general manger and those treatment were taken off our bill !! Next day had A plus treatment !!! If booking Sunday thur Thursday ,Triple A , ARP discount are offer .Last out door hot tub is HOT and if one like very hot water go for it !!! Very Very helpful and friendly staff ,from having menus at front ,giving directions and inquiring if there was any thing they could do to make our stay pleasant , An F Y I not dealing with hotel ,on Monday most shop are closed and same with restaurants

Room Tip: spend the extra money and go for 2nd floor ,but no elevator . End room are nice ,we were in the midd...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank blinders
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary (in 2007) with our first stay at the lodge. We have been returning at least twice a year since then. The lodge is elegant, peaceful, relaxing. The rooms are beautiful. We soak under the stars in the mineral water, and just feel stress leaving our bodies. The staff is helpful, professional, and attentive. We enjoy breakfast on the gorgeous patio, where the morning temperature is mild, even during the heat of summer (It was 105 in T or C yesterday!). I also had a 90 minute massage, courtesy of Jody. I've never had a better massage. The spa menu is extensive, and I highly recommend treating yourself. If you have a dog that weighs under 25 pounds, the dog can stay for a fee of $25 a night. The Lodge I believe, is New Mexico's best kept secret, and the word should get out. We like several restaurants in T or C, including Bella Luca (especially Bella Luca!), Happy Belly Deli, Latitude 33, and the Pacific Grill--who would expect great seafood in a desert town?

Room Tip: We were unable to get wi-fi in our room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The room was small but clean and environmentally friendly. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The outdoor soak was lovely. Breakfast was good but nothing special. I would definitely stop in and stay at this lodge again when I need a nice relaxing weekend.

• Stayed May 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My boyfriend took me on a surprise weekend May 16-18th. I really had no idea what he had planned. Only the greatest trip for us. He took me to Sierra Grande Lodge. This place was wonderful. From the moment we walked in the customer service was impeccable. All 3 women greeted us immediately and one of them said something like we're glad you're here. How awesome. :)

One of the ladies said we would like to schedule you for a soak tonight. I was like a soak. What is this place? They gave me the run down. My boyfriend had planned a SPA weekend for us. They gave us a tour and asked if we needed help with our luggage (we didn't). We went for a soak and all I can say is AWESOME. This was Friday night. I had the best night sleep.

On Saturday, we scheduled a couples massage. The ladies that gave us our massages were great. Charles had Jodi and I had Tina. Tina was rad. The pressure was just perfect. She even talked to me before she started to let me know that if I had any problems to let her know immediately. I didn't. My only problem was that the massage didn't last longer. :) Both ladies were just lovely.

Later I had a body wrap with Tina again. I had never had a body wrap. This was wonderful. Again, my only complaint, not long enough. I had the 1 hour, but next time I will get the 1 1/2. We also had a couple more soaks in the mineral water. Saturday was just a great relaxing day. I took 3 naps.

Sadly, we left on Sunday. We had one more soak and off we went. We will definitely be back before the end of the year. I want to try the outside soak at night looking up at the stars and the moon.

The breakfast was continental.

My only complaint was that there wasn't a restaurant on site for maybe a lite lunch or a lite dinner. I would have liked to have stayed on the premises instead of going into town.

I give this place a million stars.

Carrie

Room Tip: We had a queen room on the 2nd floor with a shared balcony. Very nice :)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carrie S
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've been going to Sierra Grande for several years and decided to go back to "check out" the new staff - I wasn't disappointed in any way. The property is as beautiful, serene, relaxing, and wonderful as it's always been. The staff are very friendly and willingly attend to your every need. Their attention to detail is especially nice. Always a treat to go back to: delicious breakfast with homemade goodies and a wide variety of teas daily; quiet rooms with updated TVs; nice views; exquisite, relaxing hot tub soaks; great facials and massage treatments; new fitness room - yay; peace and quiet; central location; and a place where you feel welcome and at home. My only "wish" would that some of the rooms had King beds and some type of seating besides desk chair, but the beds are comfortable and their lotion and bath products divine. I highly recommend visiting this "diamond" in the desert in T or C and especially recommend visiting during the week (Monday-Thursday) when it's especially quiet, less expensive, and not as busy. Treat yourself and leave feeling refreshed and happy. Thanks everyone for a nice visit - I will definitely be back!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
#3 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Pelican Spa
Pelican Spa
#3 of 6 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!