“Really nice place, especially for such a small town”

Los Arcos Steak and Lobster House
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This restaurant has consistently had great food and a great atmosphere. It is a upscale place, with upscale prices, but if you want a nice night out, it is the way to go. The only thing about it is that if you are not ready to spend a good chunk of change, you may not want to go. The town is not wealthy by any means, so again Los Arcos is for a special occasion, not just an average "lets go out to eat".

1  Thank Sally D

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Wanting a steak my husband took us to this restaurant during a visit to T or C. It was well attended, we had good service and the food was very good. We enjoyed the Chinese eggroll appetizer and his steak was tender and juicy. The prices were a little high but everything is going up so the value for the money was okay.

1  Thank Janet F
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We hadn't been to Los Arcos for some years, but I used to really enjoy it for a special occasion. So for our 15th anniversary dinner, we decided to splurge. Realized right away that my preferred option (Manager's Special Filet" w/ crab and béarnaise) was outside our budget, so we both ordered prawns--his "deep fried" and mine "charbroiled". Our plates sat at the pickup window for 5 minutes or more, apparently because the steamed veggies weren't ready yet, so everything except the veggies was at near room temp when our plates arrived. Rolls were cold. I enjoyed my salad, but my husband's fried shrimp consisted of rubbery shrimp and the "beer batter" was just wrong. It looked as if it had been prepared earlier and then microwaved. He at about half of his baked potato, and after tasting his shrimp just couldn't eat it. My shrimp was edible, but not "tasty". I've had better shrimp @ Red Lobster. We weren't charged for his meal, but this was just a huge disappointment for what was supposed to be a wonderful celebration. We won't go back.
Our experience was further NOT enhanced by another diner who was striding around the dining room talking loudly on his cell phone. People, if ya simply must be on cell phone for an extended period, go outside.

2  Thank skeetermom01
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a group dinner in their private room, and the waitress took wonderful care to get all the food to us hot and at the same time. Lots of variety on the menu, so everyone in our group was happy! I highly recommend Los Arcos for your dinner out while in T or C.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The atmosphere is great... The service is not as great. We found the host to be rather abrupt and the waiter acted like he was doing us a favor by serving us. That said, the food was excellent. My prime rib was tender, moist, and flavorful. My guest had their New York steak and was excellent as well. Despite the excellent bill of fare, we will not return.

2  Thank bonaventure