“good brisket, and phenomenal fries”
Review of Bar-B-Que on Broadway - CLOSED

Bar-B-Que on Broadway
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Brisket was delicious, fries were like those you get at the beach-the smell walking in was heaven. Service was fast and courteous, I took it to go across the street to the Fire Water Lodge where I was staying. Price was very reasonable for the large amount of food.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The BLTs here are a must every trip to town. Taste like my Mom's. Nothing fancy, just a sandwich! It's time to remonise.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We ended up here since it was a late evening and we had driven in from Albuquerque to stay a few nights at the Butte nearby. The menu had a little more variety than I would have thought. I do need to give credit there. However, the food was just mediocre. My Mom had the brisket & Dad had the sausage plate. Those weren't too bad. Nothing phenomenal, nor horrendous. Since I had a green chile craving (typical native) I decided to order their enchilada plate served with christmas chile. What arrived in front of me was a pool of red chile and a little green in there somewhere. I eventually found my enchilada which wasn't too bad...however there wasn't much of it and the fact that I state it wasn't bad didn't mean that's a great thing. When you live in this state there is a wide variety of New Mexican cuisine. I know...you're thinking why would you order this at a BBQ place and expect it to be great? That's a great point. But! I've eaten at many places and ordered something completely different from their usual cuisine and had some fantastic surprises. This one? Not so much.

What made me hesitate further is that I almost took this down one more notch. In the process of trying to enjoy our meal, we were not only surrounded by screaming children (yes, I know it happens! but, when it's longer than just a few minutes??) but, a busser with a serious attitude problem. We walked in, and she "greets" us. With a "great, what do you people want?" attitude to her. Tosses the menus on the table and then disappears to text on her phone. She then, re-appears later brushes her way past the staff she works with with that perma scowl on her face and begins to bus the table next to us. Slamming the forks and plates in their place. Now normally I try not to focus too much on that type of stuff since she wasn't our server. But, this person is greeting people and in a small restaurant where everyone can see her. Not a great reflection for the company regardless of whatever problem may be plaguing her. To sum up my visit. This wouldn't be tops on my list to return to when we come back.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Green Chili cheese taters with an egg over medium, wheat toast, large milk and coffee. Now go order it. You're welcome.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We went to this restaurant based on other positive reviews. I am sad to say I was extremely disappointed. It is not real barbecue. The beans were just heated up from the can (plain), the meat had no flavor and reminded me of warmed up deli meat. Granted the French fries were fresh, but that's it. Maybe they are good for breakfast, but I will never find out. Will not be eating there again.