“A Little Gem”
Review of Fire Water Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Truth or Consequences
Fire Water Lodge
Tucson, Arizona
“A Little Gem”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have been through T or C countless times in the last 30+ years.... it had never occurred to me to stay overnight. We came across these properties with on site hot springs/soaking tubs and tried Fire Water Lodge. Great choice!! Funky but clean,, the hot spring was wonderful after a long day of driving and it was very quiet and private.

3 Thank beestinghouse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Albuquerque
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We greatly enjoyed our first stay and looked forward to a second time. It's always funky to stay here, but the in-room 2-person tub is such a nice treat. We did use the the space heater to take off the chill and the hot water in the tub helped to warm up the room. I couldn't get a Wi-Fi signal in the room and there were no breakfast coupons in the room. The next morning, we called and learned the coupons were outside the door. Still no Wi-Fi signal and really no apology or explanation when I asked. I was disappointed in the lack of concern about my inquiry.

1 Thank Winger07
Albuquerque
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I just spent two nights/three days relaxing in the AGAVE room of the Fire Water Lodge on a Sun-Tues before Thanksgiving. I feel totally refreshed thanks to the combination a deep, beautiful tiled in-room spa and the healing hands of Massage Therapist Teina Barrett Wells. For a fabulous, hour-long full body, massage she charges $50 -- I gave her a generous tip because she worked wonders on my injured body. The Fire Water Lodge has their own dedicated massage room which is private and lovely. The comfortable King sized bed provided a great night's sleep and the bright, serape Mexican blankets for curtains and hand-made, southwestern style TV cabinet added to the charm. A microwave, refrigerator and full-sized coffee pot, plus bathrobes and lush towels met all my needs. The heating system was easily adjusted as was the flat screen TV and remote. A daily coupon for a free breakfast at the Happy Belly Deli topped off the creature comforts. They kindly worked with me on my low carb b-fast and substituted delicious crispy bacon for the large, decadent looking bagels. There's also a lovely Italian Restaurant nearby--the Bella Luca - so there's really no need for your vehicle once you're there. Broadway Ave. has a number of quaint little shops. One that was open on Monday that carried a beautiful assortment of Native American jewelry at excellent prices was directly across the street from the Fire Water Lodge on 400 Broadway which is on the corner at the end of the block on the opposite side of the street. An older gentleman with the patience of a saint will gladly help you find just the right piece of jewelry. So if you're looking for a relaxing retreat where you can recharge, consider this clean, comfortable room that Richard has lovingly restored. If you're driving down from Albuquerque, consider also taking the detour to Bosque del Apache. This is a beautiful time to view the beautiful cranes and geese.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank suburst
Albuquerque NM
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We spent our anniversary at the Fire Water Lodge. Great room AWSOME hot spring tub in the room. free breakfast at the Happy Belly Deli right on the property. Damien is a gracious host that makes you feel like going back soon.
For anyone who hasnt enjoyed the healing waters in T or C I highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed in #7 Datura the tub is great
2 Thank mountainrogue
Artesia, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This Lodge is in buildings over 100 years old but are fixed up in a very unique way. the rooms are clean and comfortable. Loved the huge tiled tub in our room for the relaxing experience in the Hot Springs water. Richard is very friendly and helpful. Will stay there again. Note: Not all rooms have an inside Hot Springs area. Some have outside fenced in areas for the Hot Springs experience.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Bykerchic
Concan, Texas
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

To Everyone involved with the up keep and dad to day operation of FIRE WATER LODGE: we spent aug 16-18 at the lodge. The quietness is unbelievable. Rooms are spotless and beds are just the right softness/harness. Room9 needs an up grade on ac or it needs to be turned on early the morning of the arrival. The room was almost unbearable. We purchased a box fan so we could have air blowing a breeze over our sweat ridden bodies. Other than that, having the bathing tub in our room worked wonderfully. I soaked endlessly. My aches and pains are not quite noticeable as before. The fire water lodge is a serene quiet area conducive to complete relaxation. Thanks for your hospitality

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank geninva
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Staff friendly and appropriately low key. I would have liked healthy soap products, not deodorant bars with fragrance and hand soap with fragrance. Given the healthy nature of soaking and those that want it, as well as the price of the room I would have expected this. I also don't tolerate chemical fragrances well.

Upscale Italian restaurant parking lot behind my room was hopping on a Friday night with windows still open, this was ok but I would have liked it quieter. This is not FireWater's fault. Next time I will choose a room farther away. Happy Belly let me opt for a free huge breakfast burrito that was excellent since I was just one person with two coupons, instead of the bagels. This was my second time there and I will return.

Room Tip: Ask owner which are quieter from restaurant parking lot in back.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank crg505
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#2 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
#9 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Pelican Spa
Pelican Spa
#3 of 6 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Fire Water Lodge? Share your experiences!