“Food was ok.”
Review of El Faro

El Faro
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I appreciated the free chips and salsa and the service was very fast and nice. The food (I had a cheese enchilada plate) tasted a bit weird...like flour or butter...It was ok, but I don't think I would go there again.

1  Thank Blaize S

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stopped in for lunch on my first day in T or C. There was a good crowd, and an excellent menu. I chose the flautas - it was a good choice. The waiter was distracted and on his phone, sigh. . .

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We decided to try out el farro after being long time customers of Maria's and I was very disappointed. The menu was identical the only difference was the names and the taste. I don't know how you are still in business, be original get your own menu. I will continue eating at Maria's thank you though.

1  Thank princess1126
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Soppapias tasted of lard and were sort of mushy, served with little packets of imitation honey flavored corn syrup. Mediocre coffee with fake creamer. Just went in for dessert. Hope they have higher standards for a meal, but am not going back to find out. No beer with your tacos?

2  Thank Karadean
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This was our first time eating at El Faro, and it will not be our last! We frequent Truth or Consequences for various reasons, and are SO happy we have a new restaurant to frequent. The food is delicious--I love their chimi plate. Don't skip on the dessert either! The atmosphere is quiet and comfortable. The servers we had were all great (we ate there several times), it is a small town, and people are pretty laid back, so if you are used to the fast paced big city, I guess you would feel like you were not getting enough attention--but that is how it is everywhere in NM. Come, relax, take a hot bath, and enjoy some delicious cuisine at an affordable price!

Side note--They do not serve alcohol! Not really their fault--in this little town, they only offer so many liquor licenses, so you have to buy one from someone who already has one...you can see how this can present an issue! Don't let it stop you from visiting!

1  Thank Peytonsgirl