“Funky motor court with hot springs tubs”
Review of Pelican Spa

Pelican Spa
Reviewed 2 June 2009

My daughter and I were traveling cross country and made a special trip to stay at the Pelican Spa. It was probably a motor court back in the 50's but has recently been redone in tropical colors. Our place had a living room, kitchen with fridge and microwave, bedroom and bath in hot pink and lavender. The decor is funky and makes you smile. We enjoyed the hot baths which are in private rooms in the spa so much that we stayed an extra nice. The town of Truth or Consequences is also quite quirky and delightful. Be sure that you look at the pictures!

• Stayed: May 2009

Reviewed 1 April 2009

First, let me start by noting this is actually a really interesting place, and would normally be right up my alley. I stayed in the Aqua room, which has a massive hot spring tub right it, which is great. Bright colors and unique decor make it a happy place.

A few serious drawbacks get it a lower rating however (I would give it 3.5 if I could). The room has no door on the bathroom. Now, since I was by myself, this was no problem. But were you traveling with someone, even a significant other, the toilet being right out there in the room is a little awkward. My room is right next to the office, and the door is not solid (panels are funky looking metal, with gaps) and there are windows high along the wall that are open. This means I can hear every conversation and the awful ring on the phone (its really loud and some kind of recorded music). Add to that the washers in the hall that I can hear from inside the room, and its not really the most peaceful place. I am sure when the office goes for the day, it will be better, but its still a little too much. I can her her turning pages in a book right now!

All of this would be ok if it were obvious before you book, but its not from the website (especially the open toilet bit). I choose this room as it was the only one with a tub in it, and since I am alone, I will stay in it. But for $90 in a crummy little town, its overpriced.

Also, their website says its on South Pershing- beware, its actually North Pershing.
Free internet is nice though, and the room is immaculate, funky, and unique. The decor is what pushes this back up to 4 starts- its a really pleasant room to look at, thoughtful in every detail.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2009

We spent part of the week of New Years Eve at the Pelican. It is a sweet property with a welcoming courtyard and fantastic indoor concrete tubs of different sizes. Since they're indoors they got hot and steamy fast. There are also cold showers in the spa tub to cool off which is nice. All the tubs are private and they also have a lounge room if you want to watch a movie or hang out indoors. We stayed at the Annex which is about one mile from the spa. It is a sweet little casita perfect for two. The exterior is rock or slate and it's beautiful. The interior has hardwood floors and ceilings complete with vigas, arched doorways and plenty of fun art throughout. There is a kitchen, cable and wireless internet. We felt right at home and would go back and recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank gotmoto
Reviewed 10 October 2007

If you are spending the night in T or C, NM I'd recommend the Pelican. The colors and decorations are fantastic. The innkeeper and the mineral baths are really great too. Rates are very affortable and the rooms have a lot of character. We were in the "blue apartment" which wasn't in tip top shape but neither is the whole town.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Travelodge Truth or Consequences
Travelodge Truth or Consequences
#7 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#8 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Elephant Butte Inn
Elephant Butte Inn
#1 of 2 in Elephant Butte
Rio Grande Motel
Rio Grande Motel
#1 of 1 in Williamsburg

Been to Pelican Spa? Share your experiences!