“Great Place and Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pelican Spa

and 1 more site!
Pelican Spa
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Place and Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

Had a great time down in TorC. Sid, the owner, worked very hard to accommodate my wife and I and around 50 guests. We nearly booked all 28 rooms. Friends and family from both in state and from the northwest really enjoyed the “quirkiness” of the rooms and of the whole property. The Long Room is a fantastic place to hang with friends and chat, play games or even watch the game on a new HD flat screen (we did all 3). I cant say enough of the positive experience we all had for the weekend. Thanks again Sid and his staff, we are looking at having this an annual event.

D & J

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

We decided to have our wedding at The Pelican for many reasons....first the engaging, eclectic rooms and staff, the room available for us so that family and friends could share food and enjoy each others company. The reasonableness of the facilities allowed us o create a very special event and still allow everyone to come. All of our guests had a great time, there was no worrying about anyone have to drink and drive because everything is within walking distance. Sid - the owner, was so helpful and supportive. It was a great time and we felt our wedding was so special. Thank you!

Jaalah & Don

We will upload some photos soon

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2010

Tried to get into the Blackstone but it was booked. They recommended the Pelican and I thoroughly enjoyed it. If your looking for perfect believe me your in the wrong town but for an interesting room and all the tubbing you want I can highly recommend this place. Just looking through the other reviews its a matter of expectations and this exceeded mine. Stayed in the Loft, could have brought 20 friends. Check it out before you by if you feel eccentricity may offend

California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

We stayed in The Loft. It is a great price for the size of the room (1500 sf). But if you're staying during the summer, know that when the air conditioners are running in this particular room, they are VERY loud and you'll sleep very poorly because this is a warehouse style room.

The other problem I had is I didn't like the bathroom. It has a private bathroom but the shower is not a regular shower, so water ends up all over the entire bathroom floor. Well that wouldn't be so bad if there was a place to set your bath items. Everything has to sit on the sloped floor next to the shower and it ends up being a mess because things don't stay where you put them. I would like to suggest they put a shelf or small table next to the shower so that it's easy to put bath items and a closer towel rack and maybe build something around the shower area to contain the water.

Overall, I loved the quirkiness of the room and how big it was as well as having a kitchen with a full-size fridge. I also loved the privacy of the location of this room. On-the-other-hand, my husband hated the room and the place in general but my teen daughter loved it.

The lady who was working that day was very busy when we got there so she seemed very distant and unwelcoming. But since we come from a tourist town I can understand why she was short with us. Unfortunately other guests may not.

I'm just not sure this place is for everyone. While I wouldn't recommend it highly, I might stay there again in a different room.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Qwiss
Albuquerque
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

The Loft is $95 per night. Is it worth it? YES!
The Pagoda Suite is $95 as well. Is it worth it? NO.
Words of warning…
This is the cancelation policy of the Pellican Spa, “In the unlikely event that you must cancel with less than one week notice, shorten your stay or check out early, please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation. If we can rebook your room(s), a full or partial refund will be made.” Sounds fair right? It did to us! However, when I asked them to rebook one of our rooms if possible, the refund I would receive would only be 20%. Does this sound ethical? Was it worth it? NO!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PhotoCharm
El Paso, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2010

I traveled to T or C with 2 friends. We stayed in room #2. Inside it was a strange deep pink / red color. Two of the windows would not close all the way and the window A/C unit would work for awhile and then shut off. I slept on the extremely saggy pullout couch with sheets that were of questionable cleanliness (to the point where I did not want to put my face on the pillowcase, so I slept on my fleece vest on top of the pillow). The kitchen cupboards and drawers were not clean. Strange wall art and reading materials. Staff was friendly and helpful when we were checking in / out and also when we were short a few towels. I am ranking this hotel as average because I think it is the common experience for T or C unless you stay in a chain motel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Iowana
Ruidoso
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

The Pelican Spa is well done, we loved the eclectic paint, decor and colors but we had the following problems, 1. Our room was cold and we had to ask for an extra room heater, 2. We had no soap nor shampoo in the room, 3. The toilet float did not work and we had to turn water on and off in order to use the toilet and 4. The locks on the outside doors are impossible to use...I would hate to have to run from a fire here! To be fair, the owners have done a really nice job with this place but they need to follow up to make sure hotel guests have the things they need. Compared to other Tor C B&B's or spa type ecelectic hotel rooms (and there are many in Tor C), we would bre reluctant to stay there again. Definitely not our favorite in Tor C.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Largeandy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#2 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
#9 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Rio Grande Motel
Rio Grande Motel
#1 of 1 in Williamsburg

Been to Pelican Spa? Share your experiences!