“Stay Here for Quiet and a Good Soak!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Truth or Consequences
Blackstone Hotsprings Lodging & Baths
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have been visiting Blackstone annually for several years. The draw is the in-room mineral bath and serene quiet environment. I like having a little kitchenette, too. Nothing has been changed or updated in the several years that I have been staying there. Some signs of wear and tear are beginning to show. Check-in was by some young person who seemed to be the only one around that afternoon. My credit card was charged in full for all nights reserved at the time of check-in. This is problematic if you need to check out earlier than anticipated. I was hoping to unwind for two nights getting lots of soaking time in coupled with catching up with some work at the office online. Unfortunately, the internet speed was way too slow and the wireless signal not strong enough for all of my devices to detect. My Macbook and iPad got a signal but my iPhone 5 could not. I was in the Golden Girls room. I am writing this review from a hotel room in Las Vegas where I am enjoying download speeds of 16 mbps. The speed at Blackstone was less than 300 kbps at best, rendering connectivity basically useless except for light browsing and checking of e-mails. I couldn't download a larger file I needed from work. Streaming from Netfilix or other media sources was impossible. If I return, it will be for just one night and I'll be sure to take care of my connectivity needs beforehand. At least there are a lot of channels to watch on the DirecTV satellite TV.

Kitchenware is minimalist. A couple of days worth of coffee is provided along with a decent size coffeemaker. Towel racks are nonexistent and the towel supply is just adequate for a short stay. There were no hangers in the small piece of furniture provided for a 'closet". The bed and pillows were a little soft for my taste.

I like the rehab that the owners did on this old motor hotel. The appeal has diminished to some degree for the reasons stated above and, despite having to leave a night early due to the lack of a suitable internet connection, I was charged over $150 for the second reserved night that I did not actually stay there despite my direct appeal to the owner. That was just an unpleasant end note to this year's disappointing visit.

Room Tip: Golden Girls and Jetsons are roomy with big soaking tubs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank southwest_traveller9

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Unpretentious and luxurious simultaneously. good for T or C. clean, beds are what you want, plenty of hot water, i give it an A.come here if you have to visit T or C in the monsoon season. And for once, a place that supplies a good amount of good ground coffee and plenty of coffee filters!

Room Tip: don't worry
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
BlackstoneManager, Guest Relations Manager at Blackstone Hotsprings Lodging & Baths, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you for the review!

Regarding your tip - "don't worry" - we'd only add "be happy." :)

Glad you were happy at Blackstone!

Best,
Ralph & Rob

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We had an overnight stay in the Jetson's room for our 16th wedding anniversary and absolutely LOVED it! This was our first stay at Blackstone and we really enjoyed the freedom of a private in- room hot spring tub. I was skeptical about the tub size from the web-site's photo, but it was more than enough for two people. The water is heavenly- really hot, but in a good way. The bathrobes provided are a nice touch, and the kitchenette with fridge, microwave and coffee maker make this ideal for a longer stay next time. There are plates, flatware, coffee cups and wine glasses in this room, which was an added convenience.
We didn't try the wet room, because we were more than satisfied with our own tub, but based on other reviews, will make time to try it in the future.

One note, check-in time is 3pm, but we arrived a couple of hours early, hoping for an early check-in, and were not greeted warmly by the staff. Luckily we made the most of the time and took a drive and went to Wal-Mart to buy some supplies. (side note: Highly recommend Happy Belly Deli for breakfast and lunch)
One suggestion to Blackstone: make the room patios private instead of leaving the walkway directly behind the bathroom floor to ceiling windows.
Overall, still highly recommend Blackstone.

Room Tip: Choose a room with kitchenette and hot spring tub.
1  Thank JuniorTexas
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We have had the pleasure of staying at the Blackstone Hotsprings Lodge on two different occasions. The first time we stayed in the As the World Turns Suite. There was a luxurious king size bed, a nice sitting area, a private patio for drinks and coffee and the best accompaniments for a relaxing get away. Our second visit was in the Roy Rogers Suite which had all of the same minus the patio. Each suite had a large tub with fresh mineral water that you draw yourself. (Unlike many mineral baths in other locations there was no smell of Sulphur, a real plus.) After your soak wrap yourself in one of their cosy bathrobes and enjoy a glass of wine or a cup of coffee. The mini kitchen in each room with refrigerator, microwave, large sink, and the all important coffee maker are all you need. Whenever we visit New Mexico I will always try to spend at least one night at the Blackstone. We travel between Albuquerque and Deming and this lodge is the perfect place to unwind and spend a little alone time.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a patio but if not you will still enjoy it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed in the Golden Girls suite and were pleasantly surprised at how large and nice it was. It had a super comfy King sized bed, sitting area, kitchen like room (with fridge, sink & table), and the bathroom with the gigantic hot springs tub. This room lets you escape from reality and I can assure you that it doesn’t feel you are in T or C. I recommend this as a local stateside get away if you want to go somewhere to get away but not too far.
P.S. Reservations for Saturday nights fill up fast so plan ahead!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed in the Jetson's Room at Blackstone Hotsprings for our anniversary. We LOVED every minute of it. The hotsprings in our room was wonderful but, the Wet-room is beyond paradise. We cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: The sofa in the room is uncomfortable, bring pillows.
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I spent the night in the Roy Rogers room at the Blackstone Hotsprings Lodge. It had a huge king-sized bed, AC that kept the room a cool 70 degrees, soothing music in the room when I checked in, wifi, a kitchen with fridge (full ice trays!), a coffee maker and rich ground coffee, and a microwave. And did I mention the tub? Up-to-my-neck in a hot mineral soak with an overhead shower of city water to keep me cool. The courtyard was blooming with hollyhocks--sunflowers will soon follow. I could sit in the courtyard under a roof of wisteria with the misters on and enjoy being cool. I slept well and left feeling refreshed.

Room Tip: Look at the pictures on their website--some of the rooms have private garden tubs, which would be qu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#2 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#8 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
#1 of 1 in Williamsburg
Travelodge Truth or Consequences
Travelodge Truth or Consequences
#7 of 14 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Blackstone Hotsprings Lodging & Baths? Share your experiences!