“Best deal of my trip”

GreenLeadersSilver level
NYC
“Best deal of my trip”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I've been driving around New Mexico for a couple of weeks, and I think this is the best value hotel I've stayed in. I love old motels, and it really makes me happy when I see one that's well taken care of. Everything in my room was spotless and new, my bed was perfectly comfortable (not the least bit squishy or saggy), and there was a ceiling fan, which I am always glad for.

It's walking distance to T or C's downtown area, which is handy. I've stayed in a couple of places downtown before, with hot springs under them--but I think have the hot-spring bath in your room is slightly overrated, because...well, it just seems like a normal bath. Rocket Inn gives a discount for Riverbend, which has nice outdoor hot springs--which I like much better.

Room Tip: My king-bed room had a desk and chair. I peeked in a two-queen-bed room, which looked like the same...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank zlo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed here after soaking in the mineral hot springs! The rooms were clean and comfortable. Small, but well kept. Perfect for a quick stay and nights rest. The price was great too!! Staff was extremely polite and helpful. I highly recommend this place!!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Terrie D
Aztec, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed one night at the Rocket Inn. It was very quiet, updated, and clean. The bed was decent (unlike some of the other properties we looked at). The staff was very helpful. It is a long walk, or a short drive to the Business District. The air conditioner might be a little noisy for some, but we slept okay. It does not have mineral baths, but they have coupons and suggestions for places in town that do. I would rather stay in a place without mineral water and the staining and smell that goes with it, and so the Rocket is where we will stay next time. My only suggestion would be to provide hair dryers in the room. I was loaned one at the front desk. Coffee is provided in the morning in the office. The room was a bargain at a little less than $50.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TeacherReed
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Helpful staff. Clean rooms but very small. Not much bathroom space.
Manual AC and noisy if you need it on at night. Staff very courteous. No coffee or hair dryer in the room. Location easy to find. Older style motel but newly refurbished. Value for money.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Plosie
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We pass through T or C often and have stayed in other places with hot springs on the premises. You typically have a room where you can hear EVERYTHING through the walls. We stayed at Rocket Inn on February 16 with our three month old. The place is spotless and the walls are thick brick walls so we felt confident that our baby was only keeping us up. The hot springs are close, but not on the property, but I was so grateful to stay in a place where the pillows didn't smell like someone's hair oils that I was happy to drive over to the thermal baths. Excellent value.

Room Tip: Some rooms get late afternoon sun. Good in the winter, maybe not so good in the summer.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank rjg1991
Eagle, Idaho
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We stayed a week in this 50's style motel that's been completely renovated by the new management. We requested a room with a wood floor. The room in general was exceptionally clean. The bathroom had been completely remodeled. We had a refrigerator and microwave and TV--the basics. We had requested and received a table. A coffee maker for the room was available. However coffee was also available from the office. It was a 10 minute walk to the heart of historic downtown T or C. The price was very reasonable. If you want to stay at a place where you're not paying for a lot of amenities that you don't need or use--this is the place. The owners were very courteous, friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Harv B
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Get this. They wash the comforters! This place is so clean you can eat off the floors. The two owners are so super conscious about cleaning and making sure everything is perfect, it feels like home. The rooms are newly renovated with a great new bathroom with cool tile. The beds are old but really comfortable and soft with big comforters on them. I check for bedbugs, and none were found.

We stayed two nights and could of stayed more. One just felt welcome here. And the price of $51 was very reasonable for a clean comfortable abode.

Great location. You get discounts for going to spas at front desk.

Improvements:
- Internet is a little slow and my PC had problems connecting but my iPad worked
- FYI, they clean with vinegar instead of toxic waste, so rooms smell like vinegar at first but not a big deal. Better for everyone.
- AC/Heat was a little loud, but it was brand new and works great.

Thanks again for great stay,

Room Tip: Most motels on this strip are about 1 mile east of the hot spas.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dman58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#2 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Elephant Butte Inn
Elephant Butte Inn
#1 of 2 in Elephant Butte
Travelodge Truth OR Consequences
Travelodge Truth OR Consequences
#8 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Spa
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Sp...
#10 of 15 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Rocket Inn? Share your experiences!