“Love the Desert View Inn!!!!”
Review of Desert View Inn

Desert View Inn
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My father and I stayed in the Inn after a recommendation from a local friend and we were totally thrilled. The owner, Hans, who checked us in was so friendly and accommodating. Our rooms were sparkling clean and very comfortable and quiet. All of the rooms have a beautiful view of Turtle Mountain. Best of all, hours after we checked out I realized I had forgotten my winer coat and favorite sweater in my room, so we called and spoke to Hans and he immediately offered to send them to us via priority mail. I would recommend this gem of an Inn to anyone looking for an extremely well-appointed and cozy experience in Truth or Consequences.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Marielb85
There are newer reviews for Desert View Inn

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We read the reviews online but preferred to look at the actual motels for ourselves prior to booking a room, even if that meant losing out on our first or second choice since we would be arriving just prior to midnight, but we could & should have trusted TripAdvisor's reviewers. The rooms had been nicely upgraded and the gentleman who owns or at least runs the place was as accommodating as anyone I have ever had the pleasure of staying with. My wife and I already decided that we will plan around an extended stop there between now and the end of spring. We look forward to our return stay at the Desert View as well as some 1/2 price tickets to the local hot springs for a serious soak.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank WarmInAz2
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Wow, the personal stuff was good, maybe because we are both Brits, the fresh coffee was great, get freshly ground coffee with china cups, we were the people from Berkhamsted in Hertfordshire in the UK, you from Eastbourne, confused me when you asked where I was from, did not realise you were a brit, all the americans treated us so well, as per usual, but so apologetic about the close down, I do not blame the American people at all, full stop, just the politics, have complained to the white house, and capitol hill, Thanks for advising us on the Riverbend Hot springs, we had such a good relaxing time there and then 560 miles back to CA, thanks , did not catch your name, your daughter was wonderful in helping, you have done a good job, you were the second cheapest hotel we stayed in, cheapest lordsberg which was awful, I don't blame them, old railroad town, you need to up your prices, you have got a gem there, if we are back in T & C would stay at your place, but equally wound welcome you back to the UK, I did talk to your daughter when you were out, she was so helpful , thanks to you both Kind Regards Nick & Terri nick.boyle@talktalk.net

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Desert View Inn is just that: situated on a hill with a fine view of the city of Truth or Consequences. Hans and his delightful daughter, Felicia, have become our friends over the many months we have stayed there. The main reason we first took a room was because the rooms are cleaned (very well I might add) with vinegar and bleach instead of those horrible stinky chemicals. Being on Business I-25, it is very accessible and near the main attractions, restaurants and stores. TorC gets quiet after 8 pm, so the location is not noisy at night. We have tried numerous motels and Hans' Desert View Inn is our favorite. It is a very good value for the money.

Room Tip: All rooms have one or two queen beds and some have an additional single bed. Extra blankets and pill...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel owner is an incredibly hospitable man, full of helpful advice concerning the local area. I enjoyed chatting with him--he could outdo any concierge at Disney World. The rooms are nice too! The service is great. I'd prefer to stay here than just about any hotel I've ever been to because of the hospitality and customer service.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Kind Regards

Nick & Terri

nick.boyle@talktalk.net

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nick b
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Clean, inexpensive, and a great host - perfect place to base out of for a few days exploring the area.
I've been coming down for a number of years to ride offroad with friends, and was steered to the Desert View on the first trip. Never wanted to change places after that - Hans takes great care of the place and it's tough to beat for value and a cool vibe.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#2 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Travelodge Truth or Consequences
Travelodge Truth or Consequences
#8 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Elephant Butte Inn
Elephant Butte Inn
#1 of 2 in Elephant Butte
Rio Grande Motel
Rio Grande Motel
#1 of 1 in Williamsburg

Been to Desert View Inn? Share your experiences!