“Don't stay here!”

Motel 6 Truth or Consequences
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Being a frugal person, I was looking for a reasonable motel and remember the nice ads about Motel 6. The young woman at the desk was nice enough but the room was way below standard with a dirty carpet and holes in the linoleum in the bathroom. We decided we couldn't be comfortable sleeping and bathing in such a room, so we called the desk about checking back out. She said it was not a problem and that we'd get a refund. However, the owner has refused to give us a refund!
Pay a little more and get a decent place!

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Zodiac41

Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

PLEASE sleep in your car. We were driving very late from Las Vegas , and all we wanted was a comfort bed to sleep at 3am . We went to two different hotels , holiday inn $110 , and comfort inn $85 and we stayed at the cheap one for $60. Not a good choice, very old fashion, nothing updated, smelled very bad, the carpet look so dirty and the toilet had bugs, I felt so bad for my kids to sleep there . The bed felt so hard and the linen had stains, I really felt like something was crawling on me in bed. I told my husband let go back to holiday inn, I'll pay

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Evvienancy
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Dont know about any other rooms but my top floor end room bathroom tiles were buckeling and it smelled like urine. Kinda pricy for that nasty a room when im so tired i just turned the fan on closed the door and fell asleep.

Room Tip: stay away from the back end of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jon J
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We had to be in TRC for a tv shoot. The only place available online was this Motel 6. It's BASIC. The motel is old, the a/c all unit was really loud all night and it just didn't feel 100% clean. I can only say the room rate was cheap. If traveling to TRC, I'd call around or check this website for recommendations first.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank AMPairlines
Reviewed 17 August 2011

While stuck here while on the road for business travel, I had the distinct displeasure of dealing with the managers here, and I will never stay here again. They were hostile and inconsiderate. Next time I am in the area I will stay on I-25 and head for Albuquerque or Las Cruces.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank David S
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I wanted a cheap room before a fishing trip and that is what I got. Old, smelly and crummy but I guess you get what you pay for. There are no great hotels in T or C but I would stay away from this one....best bet is to go 1 hour south to Las Cruces where they have a number of decent places to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank SantiagoDelValle
Reviewed 25 March 2009

I could have written that review myself! We got to T or C late on a Saturday night. We were tired and couldn't find the Comfort very easily. We stayed here. The room smelled of smoke. The bed broke and fell off it it's foundation when we tried to find an outlet to plug our laptop in to. The mattress sagged in the middle. The tub had permanent black ick in it. I stood on a towel in the shower when I showered. It was the only nonsmoking room they had available (which I find remarkable). The room was a fire hazard with lack of outlets and hidden extension cords.

We, too, took one look at the breakfast and headed across the parking lot to McDonald's. I doubt we'll ever been in T or C again but if we are we'll plan ahead and find a nicer place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business