Americana Motel
Pow Wow Inn(Tucumcari)
Tucumari Inn(Tucumcari)
Desert Inn(Tucumcari)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The room was so dirty I left my luggage in the car in fear of bedbugs. And the woman was one of the nastiest people I have seen in a very long time. As far as being " American owned" they are full of crap. If they hate American people so much to act as hateful as they do I wish they'd go back home. If yore looking for a nice place to stay I recommend avoiding this toilet and stay at the Blue Swallow!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Dashuri
Reviewed 20 February 2013

i and a friend of mine stayed at this motel on our way back east-we used a coupon from the motel books at welcome centers and for 35+tax we gotm a room with 2 beds-one was a king and the other a full-the bathroom was spotless and the room was wood panelled! and it had a new flat screen TV + microwave and fridge-room was quiet and beds confortable. have stayed in rooms costing considerably more and this room had them beat hands down-we stayed in room 106 on the end

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2013

i had written a review for this place the night that i almost stayed there - i wrote a rather lengthy, play by play, of the crazy series of events that had happened to me at the americana hotel once i was settled in my really cool, CLEAN, retro "Historic Route 66 Motel" down the street -- which is almost the same price (think my room was $34 at the americana and $36 at the other)...anyway - i don't know what happened to it - so here is a much more brief summary of my stay.
i did not spend the night at this motel - i had seen reviews on TA and decided this would be a decent place for the price. i arrived at around 10:15pm - so the office was "closed"...but a woman would come to the window when you rang the bell. it was a little dimly lit and although it had a cool neon sign out front, i still felt a bit weary about the situation -- too many missing persons/horror stories start out like this -- single, white female alone...
ugh - here i go getting lengthy again...the woman was not very cordial and didn't believe me that i had no pets and was alone - asked me 4 different times about this and finally i asked her if she would like to check my car.
when i went to the room the front window (which actually didn't open into my room thankfully) was held together by duct tape and the room was filthy...not to mention the room to the bathroom (that would open to the alley, was covered in plastic but when i looked under the plastic had no lock...so creepy) there were multiple different hairs on my pillows and when i turned down the comforter even worse - kind of looked like skid marks too - they were not fresh sheets. there was nothing cute and retro and vintage about my room - it was grimy, worn, dirty and old...just disgusting.
when i brought this to her attention (about the bed, not the decor/lack of other cleanlineness) and asked nicely to switch rooms she said no because the others were doubles and i only paid for a single...she then said i could not have a refund (without asking) and she'd take care of the rest in the morning. i asked if she wanted to see it so she'd be able to talk to her housekeeper about standards, etc...didn't want any of it and talked strangely, and missing my point - and then she handed me a very worn, but somewhat cleaner, set of sheets for me to swap them out. i went back to the room and it was at this point i decided to just leave - i was tired from driving - felt unsafe (even though she told me it is a small town, it's always safe) - didn't feel like touching the dirty sheets to change it myself, i did have a sleeping bag but i just didn't have a good feeling so left.
this time when i rang the bell a man appeared...he was not friendly...asked what i wanted...and when i said i had decided to leave he grabbed the sheets from my hand very rudely - however, he then asked for the card i paid with and refunded me for the night only asking me if i turned out the lights...
so strange, but i was so relieved.
i am sure my review was better before...but the main thing is i really would not advise staying here AT ALL. it is $2 for a MUCH better place down the street that is owned by this adorable and caring couple...it is so well lit - has been completely remodeled (however new linens, extremely comfortable beds, beautiful marble and petrified wood counters all having been refurbished)...even has an espresso bar...literally felt at home, safe -- the guy even asked if i would like a room closer to the front since i was traveling alone.
avoid a weird situation - skip this one.

Room Tip: i would head down the street to a different motel - i went to the Historic Route 66 motel and it was $2 more was spoiled!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank lynneparrish
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We are traveling from Arizona to Indiana and stopped for the night at this little motel. The woman who checked us in was very nice. The room is small but clean. We got a room with a king bed which made the room even seem smaller. But it is very clean and the bed is comfortable. The high speed internet works great. There is a coffee maker, fridge and microwave in the room. The bathroom is very clean also. Great value for the $35.89 cost.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stayed there one night on a trip the place was very clean and comfortable. I was alone and felt very comfortable spending the night there. The toppong on that was ,I left my keys to my house and my car there. When I got home I sent them a note and He imediately called me back and said he had found my keys and was sending them to me, I was greatly relieved. Thanks to that when I go back thru Tuccumcari again I would make a point to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo