“Great experience”

Tucumcari Historical Museum
Ranked #7 of 17 things to do in Tucumcari
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Wow! This is an amazing museum! It has three levels that are packed full of rich history of the local area! The staff is very knowledgeable and super friendly. There are other buildings that contain even more pieces of history. I will definitely go back! Too much to see in one trip! Awesome! Don't miss this great opportunity to visit history of Tucumcari and local area.

1  Thank Cindy T

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Each room is packed with items that tell the story of Tucumcari through individual items. From clothing and personal items, to prehistoric bones, wagons, airplanes, and farming implements. So many things, yet quite nicely organized. I'd like to go back.

1  Thank Sitkakris
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stopped in based on reviews from trip advisor and locals and I am glad we did. The museum is in an old school house and it is chock full of all kinds of historical artifacts. I was shocked at how much was packed into this building. My wife and I had a good time looking at the artifacts and items. The only complaint I have is that there is to much stuff stuffed into loosely defined exhibits. It makes it difficult to focus on any one thing. Worth a stop if you are in the area.

2  Thank Mriese2
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was a great stop on the long boring trip from Albuquerque and Amarillo. They have so much random and different items in this museum.

I recommend stopping in.

1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We spent an hour or so in the museum and really enjoyed it. Many people have donated old photos, scrapbooks, journals, letters, uniforms, etc. so you can really get an idea of how life was in Tucumcari. The museum is housed in an old schoolhouse which is pretty interesting in itself.

4  Thank Chelsea42