“Great Place/Service”

Best Western Discovery Inn
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. I have to say I am miffed at some of the bad reviews because I have had a good experience both times. This time was to attend my mother's funeral. The room was clean and nice. The hotel staff was great. The manager, who did no know my mother, deeply discounted the room rate after she found out why we had booked a room. They also called after we checked in to make sure we had everything we needed. I definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

As a whole the hotel was OK and about what I expected for one located just off the Interstate but the behavior, or lack of customer service attitude, at check-out left a bad taste in my mouth concerning this particular hotel. I won't stay here again. Breakfast was good but the ice maker near our room didn't work. We had to walk to the front office to get ice and it was hard keeping the room cool enough for us in July.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Outside access rooms. The pet-friendly rooms are not the most conveniently located and have tile floors (logical, easier clean-up after pets but not the most comfortable). There was a millipede in our room the next morning, but it's in the desert so I suppose that's kind of out of their control. An overall odd room layout and it took forever for the air conditioning to fully kick-in, but again this is the desert. The bed was comfortable enough. Breakfast was pretty impressive for a free breakfast. The front desk clerk was really pleasant, and when I asked him about the proper pronunciation for "Tucumcari" he also provided the story of the town's name.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Motel looked great outside and the lobby. Took about 15 minutes to check in. Was never sure why. We did get a ground floor room. Smelled like clorine but the pool was just outside. Could be why we found roaches in the bathroom. Room was comfortable but could stand a good cleaning around baseboards. this seems to be common in lots of motels. breakfast was excellent!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I was traveling from home to visiting family in Las Vegas. Tucumcari is about 800 miles away so needless to say I was tired! I had read the reviews and decided on the Discovery Inn over several in Albuquerque which was 22 miles further and the reviews there were less than satisfactory. I rated the Discovery Inn as excellent and was glad I made the choice I did.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2014

this was just a quick stop to catch some sleep but very quiet and breakfast was the best continental breakfast i have seen with a large variety. looking forward to staying there again soon. The rooms were very spacious and that is exactly what i needed after a full day of driving with three kids.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Room was dark, down a small corridor and smelled dank and musty. It appeared to be recently updated so maybe the a/c filter needs cleaning or had mold. Internet service in rooms is extremely poor, but worked in the lobby. Hotel right next to freeway so ask for a room not facing the road.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends