“This place isn't fit for a man or beast!!!!!!!!”
Review of Pow Wow Inn

Pow Wow Inn
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Tucumcari
Marshall
“This place isn't fit for a man or beast!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 5 April 2011

This was the only place to stay in town. The owner is not a pleasant person and the place seemed cleaned but we had bugs and the carpet was old . I left my necklace there and called him as soon as I found out it wasn't around my neck, and I asked him to mail it to me in just a reg. envolope and he said he didn't have that service and I could stop in and get it . I'm from upper mid-west and I told him that, and he kept saying he didn't have that service it cost money. I told him to keep the necklace and I would have the credit card company cancel pay for my room. He said that was outrageace and hung up on me, I tried to call him back and he would not answer. I could have sent him a prepaid letter but he wouldn't answer or return my call, becasue it cost money. I agree the resturant next door was very good and freindly. Too bad they don't own the hotel !!!!!
I called the police in Tucumary and hopefuly they can get it for me.

Room Tip: Drive another 50 miles if possible to get a room.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank TravlerMarshall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Desaignes
Reviewed 13 September 2010

If a plush place is what you're looking for, don't go there. But if you want to stay in a pleasantly surprising and unexpensive motel, with rooms reasonably clean but comfortable, very quiet and well-furnished, you'll be welcomed by a super cool guy named William who will do anything to make your stay become one of your best memories. Right next door there's the diner with excellent food and saturday night cowboy ball and concert. For people like us, who appreciate more spending wonderful moments than pinching our noses while looking for anything wrong, this was one of the funniest and relaxed times of our tour around the West. The swimming pool looked good, but was empty—and we just did not care since everything else was so great.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joeli2010
New Mexico
Reviewed 9 June 2010

We ate at the restaurant IT was the best, PLEASE BEWARE THE MOTEL IS OWNED BY A DIFFERENT GROUP IT IS TERRIBLE AND DIRTY, The restaurant the food is FIVE stars, the service is great, But be warned the motel is a dump...... We found out the motel and restaurant are NOT owned by the same people....

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RoyBean73

Travellers are raving about these Tucumcari hotels

Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed 9 June 2010

There were roaches and the sheets were dirty, sandy and had hair on the pillows. It stunk really bad. Then the a/c would not work. It was 109 degrees outside and 100 degrees in the room. I asked for my money back after I realized the a/c would not work and the clerk screamed at me and refused to give me back my money. This motel is surrounded by abandoned motels and is just plain in a horrible neighborhood no nostalgia about it. The pool of course is empty. I was the only person there. I stayed there on June 7th the day someone else gave it a glowing review which I am sure was written by the clerk. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank JeanneAndPepper
Dauphin, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We traveled with another family. The motel has spacias rooms, a nice lawn and a pool, even though the pool was not ready at this time of the year, it looked pretty.
The rooms were clean and the price was reasonable. We enjoyed our stay there.

Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 19 June 2009

I stay there EVERY time I go from Nebraska to Arizona. These people here are super nice! The bar is comfortable and safe. The rooms are older, but they've really tried to keep them up. There are so many motels on this road, I'm sure you do what you can to save money. I will pick the Pow Wow everytime. Very charming set up. The room I had this time had two doors, one by the parking lot and one out to a yard with a couple of chairs by the door. Very nice. Stay here if you want to save money and stay at a charming place.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
New Mexico
Reviewed 5 March 2009

The room looked decent at first glance, although my room smelled of smoke, even after it had been aired out while my colleague and I were eating at the motel's restaurant. As I was getting ready for bed, I pulled down the cover to find men's chest hair (I'm assuming- it was short and curly) all over the sheets, along with brown/yellow smudges on the pillowcases and drops of blood on the sheets. Oh, and I found a dirty sock at the foot of the bed. The management (new, as of that week--so it might have improved since I was there) was very apologetic and changed my sheets right away-- the managers/owners themselves changed the sheets for me. Then as I was trying to sleep after all of that trauma...I hear, then see two beetles running around the floor! After killing the beetles, I finally went to sleep. In the morning, I went to take a shower, and the shower was so dirty-- and the towels so ratty and full of holes-- I decided I was better off not to take one. My colleague did not have these problems in her room. It might have gotten better with new management, but it is definitely more of a 2 star motel-- not 3 stars. The restaurant was okay-- better than McDonalds. However, the lounge singer was super creepy! I would not recommend any woman traveling alone to stay here.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business