“I'M SURPRISED” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Tucumcari
Indianapolis, Indiana
“I'M SURPRISED”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Dad & I there May, 2011....While not luxury, the room was clean, owner stingy w/ice but pleasant/accommodating. Had no trouble w/wi-fi srv's either. (never saw bugs, that's a deal breaker) BUT disappointed pool was empty. We had double room for about $ 40.00, found online. No microwave/fridge in room but owner got both in room for us. Restaurant outstanding. Loved the small town feel

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tla156

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Falmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

We booked into the hotel on the 13th September. I booked on line for $48.00. When we arrived, we were charged $62.80, I wwas informed that this due to taxes!!
The hotel pool was empty, and had been out of action for some time. There was no fridge/microwave in the room. The only place we could use wifi is in the hotel car park out front or in the office. There is no signal out the back of the motel. The aircon is situated by the front door as you go in, but the cold air would not circulate to the bedroom area.
Clearly this motel has been sadley neglected, like many on route 66. The manager did try his best, but we still feel this is a rip off, and to advoid.

Room Tip: Exspect to pay another $20 on top of your on line price. Wifi dosn't work at the back of motel.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank grahamnew

Travellers are raving about these Tucumcari hotels

Marshall
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

This was the only place to stay in town. The owner is not a pleasant person and the place seemed cleaned but we had bugs and the carpet was old . I left my necklace there and called him as soon as I found out it wasn't around my neck, and I asked him to mail it to me in just a reg. envolope and he said he didn't have that service and I could stop in and get it . I'm from upper mid-west and I told him that, and he kept saying he didn't have that service it cost money. I told him to keep the necklace and I would have the credit card company cancel pay for my room. He said that was outrageace and hung up on me, I tried to call him back and he would not answer. I could have sent him a prepaid letter but he wouldn't answer or return my call, becasue it cost money. I agree the resturant next door was very good and freindly. Too bad they don't own the hotel !!!!!
I called the police in Tucumary and hopefuly they can get it for me.

Room Tip: Drive another 50 miles if possible to get a room.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TravlerMarshall
Desaignes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

If a plush place is what you're looking for, don't go there. But if you want to stay in a pleasantly surprising and unexpensive motel, with rooms reasonably clean but comfortable, very quiet and well-furnished, you'll be welcomed by a super cool guy named William who will do anything to make your stay become one of your best memories. Right next door there's the diner with excellent food and saturday night cowboy ball and concert. For people like us, who appreciate more spending wonderful moments than pinching our noses while looking for anything wrong, this was one of the funniest and relaxed times of our tour around the West. The swimming pool looked good, but was empty—and we just did not care since everything else was so great.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank joeli2010
New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

We ate at the restaurant IT was the best, PLEASE BEWARE THE MOTEL IS OWNED BY A DIFFERENT GROUP IT IS TERRIBLE AND DIRTY, The restaurant the food is FIVE stars, the service is great, But be warned the motel is a dump...... We found out the motel and restaurant are NOT owned by the same people....

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RoyBean73
Fountain Hills, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

There were roaches and the sheets were dirty, sandy and had hair on the pillows. It stunk really bad. Then the a/c would not work. It was 109 degrees outside and 100 degrees in the room. I asked for my money back after I realized the a/c would not work and the clerk screamed at me and refused to give me back my money. This motel is surrounded by abandoned motels and is just plain in a horrible neighborhood no nostalgia about it. The pool of course is empty. I was the only person there. I stayed there on June 7th the day someone else gave it a glowing review which I am sure was written by the clerk. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank JeanneAndPepper
Dauphin, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

We traveled with another family. The motel has spacias rooms, a nice lawn and a pool, even though the pool was not ready at this time of the year, it looked pretty.
The rooms were clean and the price was reasonable. We enjoyed our stay there.

Stayed March 2010, travelled with family