“Great place to stay, very clean and friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Tucumcari
Lakeland
“Great place to stay, very clean and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed at Rodeway Inn on our return trip from Arizona to Minesota. Have stayed once previously and found it clean then and staff very friendly and accommodating. Our room did not have a refrigerator last year and gal at desk changed us immediately.

Last night the gent at the desk was so friendly, which we have not always found in other lodging places. Always had a smile on his face and was actually working overtime, yet still was able to treat us with respect. Said if we needed anything at all not to hesitate asking.

As owners of a lodging establishment in Wisconsin we know how important cleanliness and friendly owners need to be. Your staff makes your lodging welcoming for all guests.

Room Tip: Look for a well traveled route for lodging. If a room is clean you know the owners want you back, t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank shadylady8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Nice clean hotel Very comfortable. Highly recommend

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank stahms
Red Wing, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We were very pleased with the nice facilities, on our way home to Minnesota from Arizona. After a 10 hour drive it was a pleasure to stay at a comfortable, clean place. The young man at the counter, when we arrived, was very friendly and helpful. We have stayed at quite a few motels in the last year and for the price it can't be beat. Better than several more expensive motels we have stayed in. We will be traveling this route in the future and will definitly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Dave R
Rye, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed there last night - March 1st - and when I arrived they couldn't find my reservation - but they immediately made me a new (better) one and got everything straightened out. The room was clean, there was ample area to walk my dog and the restaurant they recommended was great - Del's. They were very friendly and Richard later on I saw being very patient w/an older gentleman - always "no problem, have a nice day" is his attitude!
Then tonght I realized I didn't have my dog's one and only favorite toy w/me way over here in Arkansas! I called them up and they are going to mail it home to me. I was very impressed w/how nice both of the gentlemen I dealt with were and especially returning my dog's cherished toy! I'd recommend this place any time!

Room Tip: I prefer the ground floor but I think any would have been fine.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Hannah123Rye_NH
McPherson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Nice clean hotel, good well organized breakfast bar. recommend highly

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve E
Cedar Rapids, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

We decided to book room at this hotel after reading other travelers' reviews on TripAdvisor. We had stayed at another hotel in Tucumcari several times because of pet friendly policies. However, we felt the other hotel was overpriced and decided to give the Rodeway Inn a try. Our room was large and well set up with a desk, table with two comfortable chairs, and comfortable beds. The bench to set suitcases on was a nice touch.
We were in a designated "pet room" ($8 fee) , so my observations might not apply to all rooms. It appeared that the carpet wasn't well vacuumed, not only around the edges, but I also found what appeared to be a juice box straw wrapper under the table. Also, the blankets were a bit thin and worn. The bathroom, however, was very clean.
Two things that frustrated me were: The heater was noisy and I was unable to connect with my internet server after finally being able to log onto their wi-fi. There was one extra step that most hotels don't have.
In conclusion, even if it wasn't a perfect stay, the Rodeway was a good value and a decent stay. I would recommend it over the other place we had stayed.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BJFSub
Council Bluffs, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

This is a great place to stay and a good price! It's nice to see a hotel offering a nice clean place to stay for a good pruce!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple