“Clean, looked somewhat updated”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Tucumcari
Lakeland
“Clean, looked somewhat updated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed recently at this Rodeway Inn, clean, but walls are very thin and whomever was above our room walked a lot all night and walked with a very heavy step therefore slept poorly. Breakfast was lacking, could use yogurt and fresh fruit. Price was good but wish rooms were a little wider.

When we arrived about 4:45 p.m. we were told our room was not ready, I said I thought checkout was 11 a.m. But they had railroad workers and someone was still sleeping. We wanted first floor level and our desk clerk asked Vic what he should do and he said to put us upstairs, our clerk said we asked previously for first floor so he gave us another room that was reserved, sure hope those people got a room. Not real happy the way Vic was trying to handle situation.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shadylady8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
milwaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Had a quick overnight stay here on the way to Phoenix. Rooms were clean and neat. Flat screen television & free Wi-Fi were included. Staff was friendly. Good value for the price. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kenaMilwaukee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

After a 50+ day road trip throughout Canada and the US, my bf and I checked in late, after driving direct from our NV trip leg and getting stuck in a terrible rain/thunder storm, camping was an impossible option. (This was about 35 or so days after beginning our trip). The two men at reception were outside smoking when we arrived but were quick to butt their smokes to aid with check-in. We had booked a non-smoking room online just prior to arriving. Once checked in I was a little turned off by the look of the place, HUGE bugs everywhere outside, and unnerved by all the glaring Hispanic workers lurking in the parking lot. That aside, once entering our room, there was an empty ashtray on the bureau and the entire room smelled of cigarettes. No big deal. I then went to use the washroom and found it strange that the toilet seat was complete down. I then lifted the toilet seat with my foot (feeling as though something was up) and there was VOMIT IN THE TOILET!! Could not believe my eyes. We went back out to the reception desk, advised the personnel, who were apologetic and demanded that we change rooms. The complimentary upgrade was a 'suite' that was equally as filthy, just without vomit. I was so irked with the lack of sanitation and worried about bed bugs that I barely was able to sleep just a few hours. (Our arrival and this entire rigmarole took place between 12am-2am). Could NOT wait to get out of there in the morning! I've slept in dozens of CAMPGROUNDS cleaner than this place!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Andr1a30
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

After driving 15 hours I stopped here as I had done before. I was told by the clerk that the room I had previously on the first floor was not available and in fact she only had rooms on the second floor. She went on and on about the parking lot not being an indication of how full they were and how she was fixing breakfast at 5AM for the railroad workers staying there. At 2 in the morning this was of absolutely no importance to me. What was important was sitting down and having something to eat. When I unloaded and sat down to look around, to my shock, there was NO MICROWAVE OR REFRIGERATOR. The clerk had made NO mention of this in her long discourse about the railroad workers. I called the desk and said there was no microwave or frig. The clerks attitude was patronizing and she said that " you have to ask" about that. Then she said "a lot of people don't want those in the room". BALONEY. I asked why the room was more expensive than the same room with the appliances and she dropped the bombshell that NONE the rooms on the second floor had a microwave or refrigerator. (Even the corporate customer service rep couldn't find that info on the motel listing)

I had to unplug the clock because it was making a terrible noise. That's when I discovered petrified fruit peelings and other garbage that indicated that the carpet hadn't been vacuumed for a VERY long time. I wondered when the sheets had been changed but had to sleep so I took a chance.

The desk clerk the next morning (who I believe was part of management) was dealing with a overcharge on a customer's bill when I went to complain. (They had paid 1/2 as much as I had for the same room WITH the appliances). His attitude was worse than the night clerk and he literally looked away and shrugged as if to say EHH, so what. I filed a complaint with corporate and the motel NEVER responded. There are plenty of other motels nearby and in fact three or four right next door. Avoid this hole at all costs.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another motel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Will B
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We spent one night here on our road trip. The outside of the property is a little tired looking but the inside lobby and breakfast room are very nice. Our room was nicely furnished with newer items and the bed itself and the bedding were very comfortable. Nice flat screen TV, refrigerator and microwave are also included and were in good condition and everything was clean. The included Wi-Fi worked very well and the free breakfast was nicely done. There was coffee/tea, juice, waffle maker, variety of cereals, breads and muffins. I also appreciate that the breakfast area was very clean which is no small feat given the mess that some guests leave behind. I suppose that since they don't have to clean it themselves they feel free to leave their garbage everywhere. All things considered it was a good experience and I would recommend it for others.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Henderson, Nv
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Room was fine, nice, comfortable king bed, large tv. Disappointed in the breakfast. We went for breakfast at 8am. Coffee was lukewarm, there was no milk for cereal, only 2 slices of bread and no bagels. The young man, Angel, who was behind the counter did bring out some more bread and milk after we complained, however said there were no more bagels. If you are not concerned about breakfast, this is an ok place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank USNRetired1980
Kingman, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

This recently change from a Comfort Inn to a Rodeway. The room was very comfortable. Modern, taller bed with a good mattress. Fixtures were all newer and the room was clean. Had a micro and refridgerator. Nice size flat screen TV. Was nice to have plenty of outlets so I could charge up all my electronics (I left one charger in the room, still trying to get it recovered)
The breakfast encluded hard boiled eggs, and peanut butter. Enough protein for a diabetic to have a little something to eat. Was only there a short time, but enjoyed the stay and had a good rest.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo